You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-29 16:27:35

Bukimari

DHCPCD Problems

I'm installing the latest Arch in VMWare following the beginner's guide, but every time I get to the part right before installing alsa, after I reboot, my internet connection quits working. Found out it was changing the name, so I added

# ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules

and that fixed the name problem, but I still get disconnected. I've tried manually setting up the connection settings, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? I'm very new to linux code, but I'm determined to have Arch. A friend of mine whom I'm no longer in contact with has it and I love everything about it and its ideals.

#2 2013-04-29 17:30:52

Raynman

Re: DHCPCD Problems

If you don't tell us what you are doing, it's very hard to say what you are doing wrong...

How are you managing the network? You say manual setup failed as well; can you provide some details?

#3 2013-04-29 17:43:00

Bukimari

Re: DHCPCD Problems

I was trying to reset the network following the instructions through the beginner's guide underneath "Establish an internet connection", which just took me in circles. I finally got it working through the Network Configuration section of the wiki, though. Wish I had just tried some more before I gave up and posted a topic, but thanks for trying to help.

Board footer