You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-01 10:20:45

rvc
Website

[SOLVED] pacman upgrade messages...

since last couple of times [especially after i installed the gnome desktop] i get this messages whenever i upgrade...
every time i have to hit the "n" button coz i dont have the gnome-games... i tried to install and then upgrade but i dont find gnome-games...

i just wish to stop getting this message coz everytime i have to hit "n" to continue with my upgrades....

here is a shot of the messages...

http://ubuntuone.com/4B6dzOm7TyUGQU6KD1k8Lf
>>moderator edit: Replaced large image with URL. Next time please use thumbnails and please read Forum Etiquette: Pasting Pictures and Code. Thanks. --fsckd<<

any idea where i must ve commited some error and how to come out of this ?

Last edited by rvc (2013-05-01 11:33:55)

Associated with
VEDGOO.COM
For Wallpapers, Articles, Blogs, Media and much more...
To Browse Arch Specific Wallpapers, feel free to follow this LINK

#2 2013-05-01 10:26:21

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: [SOLVED] pacman upgrade messages...

Okay, if you're getting replace messages, then obviously you have gnome-games installed. If you don't want gnome-games (which appears to have been deprecated in favor of individual packages for each game), then before updating remove gnome-games. If you do want the games which were included with gnome-games, then answer "y" to those questions.

All the best,

-HG

#3 2013-05-01 11:23:50

rvc
Website

Re: [SOLVED] pacman upgrade messages...

HalosGhost wrote:

Okay, if you're getting replace messages, then obviously you have gnome-games installed. If you don't want gnome-games (which appears to have been deprecated in favor of individual packages for each game), then before updating remove gnome-games. If you do want the games which were included with gnome-games, then answer "y" to those questions.

All the best,

-HG

i had tried before with the "Y" option but it returned with some conflicting messages...
now what you said clarified me. i removed both gnome-games and gnome-games-extra-data...
i re-run the upgrade and that boring message gone... thank you so much smile

Associated with
VEDGOO.COM
For Wallpapers, Articles, Blogs, Media and much more...
To Browse Arch Specific Wallpapers, feel free to follow this LINK

Board footer