You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-02 03:07:54

CPUnltd
Website

[REQUEST - CANCELLED] fpit: Fujitsu Stylistic Input Driver

Description

fpit is an Xorg input driver for Fujitsu Stylistic Tablet PCs.
The fpit driver functions as a pointer input device, and may be used as the X server's core pointer.

Supported Hardware

This driver supports the touchscreen of the Stylistic LT and (with special options) of the Stylistic 500, 1000, 1200, 2300, and 3400. Modern FinePoint MP800 devices will also work with this driver.
Under Linux the Fujitsu's serial port is not, by default, detected. Therefore the port must be configured manually as described in the accompanying readme.txt file.

For example, add the following to your startup scripts for Stylistic xx00 devices:

setserial /dev/ttyS3 autoconfig
setserial /dev/ttyS3 IRQ 15 baud_base 115200 port 0xfce8
This driver now supports Stylistic 3400 (and possibly other passive-pen systems) with a special "Passive" paramter. Try this serial configuration for the 3400:

setserial /dev/ttyS3 autoconfig
setserial /dev/ttyS3 uart 16450 irq 5 port 0xfd68

[...]

Information source: http://linux.die.net/man/4/fpit

software source: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver … 4.0.tar.gz

Reason: I have a Fujitsu Stylistic tablet that I'm looking to dual-boot with Arch and Android, but can't find the driver in the repos or AUR and don't know enough about this kind of software to build the package myself.

Last edited by CPUnltd (2013-05-02 06:55:42)

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2013-05-02 03:40:16

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [REQUEST - CANCELLED] fpit: Fujitsu Stylistic Input Driver

A bit more info: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/x … 25336.html

It used to be in the main repos. It's not anymore. If you really need this, you might be better off using something like Debian stable that has really old software.

Edit, you realize this driver is for Pentium III era and older hardware, right?

Last edited by Scimmia (2013-05-02 03:59:37)

#3 2013-05-02 04:30:13

CPUnltd
Website

I have booted the tablet with the newest ISO, so I know it works with 686.... but I wonder if development for drivers for such a device are completely shut down.. Unless the hardware is proprietary, it seems odd... of course, it could just be merged into the wacom driver as well. This tablet is Pentium M.  I don't know if there is a newer driver to work with... I can keep searching.  I wouldn't mind seeing the old PKGBUILD if it's still around somewhere.  I just see the potential to run Arch on a tablet that is older, but more powerful than most tablets out there now.  I haven't seen anything on the market with 2GB of RAM, nor anything that could have an internal capacity of 500GB... not sure if the processor could be updated, but I'm sure I could do a little with it, maybe even make it dual-core. I'd like to see the full potential realized, but if I'm grasping for straws on a project, I may just let it lay for now and approach it in my own time.  Until then, I'm sure I can upgrade it to windows 7 or just run it like an AIO PC until I can get the touch working.  No huge issue.  Will likely see if there is anything more updated out there for the driver.

#4 2013-05-02 06:06:23

Scimmia
Fellow

Read the email I linked to, this driver was abandoned two years ago, so it's very probable that it won't work with the current X server.

Pentium M? The models listed are 486 through Pentium III. What model are you using? I'm guessing this driver has nothing to do with your model tablet at all.

#5 2013-05-02 06:11:13

CPUnltd
Website

I'm using the Fujitsu Stylistic ST5010... not sure where to look to find out what drivers I'd need for the touchscreen. Not many people around here in the Arch community seem to be using Fujitsu computers in general, let alone tablets...

#6 2013-05-02 06:30:54

Scimmia
Fellow

Gentoo says to use the wacom driver: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … clnk&gl=us

(google cache because it seems unreachable right now)

#7 2013-05-02 06:55:14

CPUnltd
Website

Thank you for finding that information.  I probably didn't look all that hard. It's nearly 2am where I am and I tend to not be all that focused after 11pm most days.  I will label this a cancelled request unless I actually end up needing this driver (or an updated version of such)... Thanks again!

Board footer