You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-02 17:10:39

Aton
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 60

[SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

When trying to compile a .tex file with lualatex, I get the following error:

PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (zlib library version does not match - header: 1.2.7, library: 1.2.8)

This happened after the recent upgrade of zlib.
Should I open a bug report?

Last edited by Aton (2013-05-07 06:13:12)

Offline

#2 2013-05-03 10:53:57

i_magnific0
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 9

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

I just upgraded zlib to 1.2.8-1 and have the same issue. I'll downgrade for the time being, but it seems lualatex needs to be updated. Not sure how long this could take as TeX Live is not the fastest releasing package.

Last edited by i_magnific0 (2013-05-03 10:58:05)

Offline

#3 2013-05-03 11:11:22

i_magnific0
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 9

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

This seems to have happened before with texlive 2009. I have opened a bug report here.

Offline

#4 2013-05-03 11:52:29

gauteh
Member
Registered: 2008-03-17
Posts: 17
Website

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

Aton wrote:

When trying to compile a .tex file with lualatex, I get the following error:

PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (zlib library version does not match - header: 1.2.7, library: 1.2.8)

This happened after the recent upgrade of zlib.
Should I open a bug report?

If you are not already aware; you can rebuild texlive-bin using makepkg and ABS to link luatex to the new zlib.

Offline

#5 2013-05-03 18:37:49

Aton
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 60

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

gauteh wrote:
Aton wrote:

When trying to compile a .tex file with lualatex, I get the following error:

PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (zlib library version does not match - header: 1.2.7, library: 1.2.8)

This happened after the recent upgrade of zlib.
Should I open a bug report?

If you are not already aware; you can rebuild texlive-bin using makepkg and ABS to link luatex to the new zlib.

Thanks, I had to install ffcall and clisp (makedepends) for building but it seems to work now.

Offline

#6 2013-05-04 15:12:53

awmemon
Member
Registered: 2013-01-28
Posts: 8

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

Hello all

Can someone please post an exact solution to this problem? I am not an expert user of linux and specially Arch.

Regards

Offline

#7 2013-05-04 15:41:14

Aton
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 60

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

awmemon wrote:

Hello all

Can someone please post an exact solution to this problem? I am not an expert user of linux and specially Arch.

Regards

As root

pacman -S abs
abs

As user, copy everything under /var/abs/extra/texlive-bin in a temporary directory of your choice and
within that directory, issue as user

makepkg

If it complains about missing programs (as it did in my case), install them.
You can also have a look inside the `PKGBUILD` file and see what is necessary for building the package.
After building (which took quite some time on my system),
issue as root

pacman -U texlive-bin-someversionnumber.pkg.tar.xz

on the pkg.tar.xz file that has been created by makepkg.

Offline

#8 2013-05-05 12:05:50

crrama
Member
Registered: 2013-05-05
Posts: 4

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

Aton, error here:

make[5]: Entering directory `/tmp/tex/src/source/Work/utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src'
sed 's|@MODULEDIR[@]|/usr/share/texmf/xindy/modules|g' <../../../../../utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src/defaults.xdy.in >defaults.xdy
clisp -q -E iso-8859-1 -c ../../../../../utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src/base.lsp -o base.fas
*** - WRITE-STRING: Character #\u041A cannot be represented in the character set CHARSET:ISO-8859-1

0
*** - WRITE-STRING: Character #\u043E cannot be represented in the character set CHARSET:ISO-8859-1

How can I change the encoding properly? Or what should I do?
Seems like there are no such symbols in utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src/base.lsp. I am not familiar with Lisp, so there maybe some includes or something like that with this symbol.

Last edited by crrama (2013-05-05 12:51:16)

Offline

#9 2013-05-05 17:36:40

Aton
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 60

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

crrama wrote:

Aton, error here:

make[5]: Entering directory `/tmp/tex/src/source/Work/utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src'
sed 's|@MODULEDIR[@]|/usr/share/texmf/xindy/modules|g' <../../../../../utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src/defaults.xdy.in >defaults.xdy
clisp -q -E iso-8859-1 -c ../../../../../utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src/base.lsp -o base.fas
*** - WRITE-STRING: Character #\u041A cannot be represented in the character set CHARSET:ISO-8859-1

0
*** - WRITE-STRING: Character #\u043E cannot be represented in the character set CHARSET:ISO-8859-1

How can I change the encoding properly? Or what should I do?
Seems like there are no such symbols in utils/xindy/xindy-2.4/src/base.lsp. I am not familiar with Lisp, so there maybe some includes or something like that with this symbol.

Hm, I didn't get that error. Do you use ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) as system-wide encoding?

Offline

#10 2013-05-05 18:12:11

crrama
Member
Registered: 2013-05-05
Posts: 4

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

Aton wrote:

Hm, I didn't get that error. Do you use ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) as system-wide encoding?

No, I'm using ru_RU.UTF-8. OK, I'll try temporary switching to that one.

Last edited by crrama (2013-05-05 18:14:15)

Offline

#11 2013-05-05 18:19:44

Aton
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 60

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest using Latin1 as your default encoding. If you had used it, I would have suggested switching to UTF-8 ;-)

Offline

#12 2013-05-07 06:12:31

Aton
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 60

Re: [SOLVED] zlib + lualatex : PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API

The newest version of texlive-bin in the repos seems to fix this issue.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB