You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-03 18:26:06

ganja_guru

flash behaves differently in windows and linux ?

There are some sites that flash doen't display too well (firefox/opera) in linux, but seems to work fine in windows. Is there a difference in the plugin for each OS?

try this:

http://www.asus.com/index.aspx

Wait for the page to finish loading, and then hover your mouse over the "products" link at the top of the page.. the drop down menu is now masked by the "asus webcam notebook ad". This doesn't happen in windows.. I've tried both arch package and the default flash installer, but get the same results.

Note: The drop down menu is visible if you use the flashblock extension and disable the ad.

Thanks..

#2 2005-12-05 07:53:44

ganja_guru

Re: flash behaves differently in windows and linux ?

anyone? come on, it wont take you long to verify this..please..

#3 2005-12-05 08:43:12

paranoos

yep, for some reason the linux flash plugin doesn't let the browser draw elements over the animations, which is especially annoying on websites like the one you mentioned where dropdown menus are used over a silly useless flash banner.

there are a LOT of things wrong with the flash plugin. macromedia hasn't really addressed them in a long long time

EDIT: which is why i wish the best of luck to the gplflash plugin developers.

#4 2005-12-05 13:23:21

ganja_guru

my guess is that there hasn't been too much development cause of the recent takeover by adobe...

gplflash seems to be unusable right now as it doesn't work as a plugin with browsers..

Board footer