You are not logged in.

#101 2013-05-09 14:18:35

Paramvir
Website

Re: New Conky Weather Program with Weather Alerts - conkywx

Conky Weather Program Now with Weather Alerts conkywx ver 0.9.1 released

Pleased to announce the release of the latest conkywx version wink

For users of other distros - kindly visit my Blog and leave comments and feedback there - thanks smile

For changes and updates - Refer to the conkywx wiki for more information.

conkywxaleters0.jpg

Weather Information with weather alerts for Conky - or as some may say Conky Weather Program

Additions and changes:

• Code tweaks for the language engine.

• config file has a new element moon_time for getting your format for moon phases date and time

• These Conkywx Weather Alerts are displayed automatically.

• 1 new element - WALERT - use this element to see the Alert heading.

Refer to the conkywx wiki for more information.

Note:

• As many users are using various conky variants - conky is no longer a dependency but however - conky is still required. Please ensure conky - in what ever form - is in fact installed.

• To reduce duplication of effort - conkywx man page now has basic information and has a link to the wiki which is normally being updated real time as changes to conkywx are being made. A local copy is now available in the installation.

• In some cases to have conky restart automatically you may need to give a sleep 30 - delay in your conky start script

• if you are using Gnome 3 - own_window_type in the *conkyrc.sh needs to be changed to normal, desktop or dock - which ever works for your Desktop

• *conkyrc.sh files are configured on XFCE 4.10 with compiz + emerald - you may need to tweak conkyrc examples for your DE

Read the conkywx wiki - let no RTFM issues plague you!!! big_smile

Here is the conkywx AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59931

Feedback please smile - Thanks

Last edited by Paramvir (2013-05-09 15:06:50)

#102 2013-05-20 13:42:48

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program Now with Scrolling Weather Alerts conkywx ver 0.9.2 released

For users of other distros - kindly visit my Blog and leave comments and feedback there - thanks smile

conkywxalerts07.jpg

Weather Information with scrolling weather alerts for Conky.

Additions and changes:

• Code tweaks for template showtime cleanup.

• New scrolling template - check the image

• View all the alerts - scrolling ticker - check the image.

Note:

• As many users are using various conky variants - conky is no longer a dependency but however - conky is still required. Please ensure conky - in what ever form - is in fact installed.

• To reduce duplication of effort - conkywx man page now has basic information and has a link to the wiki which is normally being updated real time as changes to conkywx are being made. A local copy is now available in the installation.

• In some cases to have conky restart automatically you may need to give a sleep 30 - delay in your conky start script

• if you are using Gnome 3 - own_window_type in the *conkyrc.sh needs to be changed to normal, desktop or dock - which ever works for your Desktop

• *conkyrc.sh files are configured on XFCE 4.10 with compiz + emerald - you may need to tweak conkyrc examples for your DE

#103 2013-05-30 10:46:01

Paramvir
Website

If you are experiencing the Forecast data showing N/A since last night - here is line to add to .../conkywx/lib/parsewxdata.pl

The function to look into is currdatahtml - towards the bottom part of the function

if (/start_daily_fct/../end_daily_fct/) {
            if ( $_ =~ /\|/ ) {
                $_ = (convert_fc_units( $_ ));
            }
            if ( $_ =~ /day/ ) {
                $_ = (get_short_day( $_ ));
            }
            $_ =~ s/of a //;
            $_ =~ s/of //;
            push(@temp_out_day, "$_");
        }

add the line next if (/weather station/); in the location shown in the code box below.

if (/start_daily_fct/../end_daily_fct/) {
            next if (/weather station/);
            if ( $_ =~ /\|/ ) {
                $_ = (convert_fc_units( $_ ));
            }
            if ( $_ =~ /day/ ) {
                $_ = (get_short_day( $_ ));
            }
            $_ =~ s/of a //;
            $_ =~ s/of //;
            push(@temp_out_day, "$_");
        }

Let me know how it goes smile

#104 2013-06-02 04:47:16

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program with Scrolling Weather Alerts conkywx ver 0.9.3 released

conkywx-020613.jpg

Weather Information with scrolling weather alerts for Conky.

Additions and changes:

• Fixes Wunderground changes on the website which affected the forecast information.

• Bug fixes and Code tweaks.

Note:

Last edited by Paramvir (2013-06-02 04:47:44)

#105 2013-10-15 17:27:30

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program now 1.0

For changes and updates - Refer to the conkywx wiki - or refer to the release notes for more information.

conkywx10.jpg

Now Conkywx is 1.0 - Faster Sleeker - Additions and changes:

• Dynamic Moon

• Font to Image

• Trend Graphs

• Scrolling Weather Alerts

• Active Weather Alerts

• Tropical Weather Storm Warnings

• Moon Works for Both Hemispheres

• Bug fixes and Code tweaks.

Refer to the conkywx wiki - or refer to the release notes - for more information.

Note:

• Refer to the included release notes for changes additions etc...

Here is the conkywx AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/conkywx/

#106 2014-04-16 15:31:18

Paramvir
Website

OK People - Just to keep everyone in the loop - wunderground has had a major overhaul - and so has conkywx !!!

Am testing my handy work - some language features may not work as desired - but hey - lua works ;-)

cheers

#107 2014-04-20 19:25:09

JoeHartley

Paramvir wrote:

OK People - Just to keep everyone in the loop - wunderground has had a major overhaul - and so has conkywx !!!

Am testing my handy work - some language features may not work as desired - but hey - lua works ;-)

Fantastic, I saw my conkywx installation "frozen" on the last day of the old setup.  Thanks for continuing this fine program!

#108 2014-04-29 14:24:23

Paramvir
Website

Conky Weather Program now 2.0

For changes and updates - refer to the conkywx wiki - for the release notes and more information.

conkywxn.jpg   conkywxv.jpg

Wunderground website has gone through some fantastic changes - the website does look more trendy ;-) and so does conkywx. Conkywx has lua support now - there is lua documentation for all the widgets on the conkywx wiki.

Note:

Here is the conkywx AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/conkywx/

#109 2014-04-29 16:04:01

Paramvir
Website

JoeHartley wrote:

Fantastic, I saw my conkywx installation "frozen" on the last day of the old setup.  Thanks for continuing this fine program!

Thanks Joe for the feedback wink - you have the latest version which works with the updated wunderground website. Also try the lua widgets - besides being re-sizeable - the windvane and anemometer have animated arrows big_smile

cheers

#110 2014-05-10 14:52:17

7etc/

Hi Param, your work is fantastic. I'm using it since the first version and is incredible. Now, I have a problem with the spanish traslation. It seems that don't work, nor using espanol, español or es. Could you take a look?
Thanks once again.

#111 2014-05-10 15:24:41

7etc/

7etc/ wrote:

Hi Param, your work is fantastic. I'm using it since the first version and is incredible. Now, I have a problem with the spanish traslation. It seems that doesn't work, nor using espanol, español or es. Could you take a look?
Thanks once again.

I'm  sorry, the spanish translate works fine). It was my default, once again...

Last edited by 7etc/ (2014-05-10 15:26:09)

#112 2014-05-10 15:30:04

Paramvir
Website

7etc/ wrote:

Hi Param, your work is fantastic. I'm using it since the first version and is incredible. Now, I have a problem with the spanish traslation. It seems that don't work, nor using espanol, español or es. Could you take a look?
Thanks once again.

Hey - thank you for the kind words ;-)

use

language_to_use="espanol" 

You should be using the latest config file that comes with the program (if you are using an old one smile )- take a look at /usr/share/conkywx/examples/conkywx-02.conf

You get conditions and weekdays in Spanish. if you Locale is set to any of the Spanish speaking locales and your date information is also set to that then your date information calculated will reflect in Spanish format and language.

to see the website in Spanish use espanol.wunderground.com big_smile

Do let me know if you are still having an issue.

cheers

Edit - Ooh OK wink kewl - Njoy in that case big_smile

Last edited by Paramvir (2014-05-10 15:32:39)

#113 2014-05-10 15:53:29

7etc/

Thanks for your quick response. Rebooting four or five times has piked up the spanish translate.

#114 2014-05-10 16:05:58

Paramvir
Website

7etc/ wrote:

Thanks for your quick response. Rebooting four or five times has piked up the spanish translate.

You do not need to reboot - just type conkywx at the command prompt in a terminal window - you will get a menu - select the Force Update option and then restart your conky script.

#115 2014-06-08 18:27:57

JoeHartley

I've been unable to get Conkywx 2.0 to run on my system since its release, and I finally have time to do some debugging.

I've got conky running fine for my system stats, but here's what happens when I try to run conkywx with the new 2.0 example script:

[jh@xtc .conky]$ conkywx -c /usr/share/conkywx/examples/conkywx-02.conf

Downloading main data file...

Weather update download completed.
Conkywx program execution completed in: 0m1.424s
[jh@xtc .conky]$ /usr/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh: line 584: 19359 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "$cwx_perl_parser"

Looking at /usr/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh I see that $cwx_perl_parser is set to ${cwxpath}/lib/parsewx.pl.  This script conveniently writes out a file called wxparseinfo and here's what it looks like:

|/usr/share/conkywx||/usr/share/conkywx/examples/conkywx-02.conf|/home/jh/.config/conkywx/conkywx_internal/trends/forecast_trends-conkywx-02.conf-jh|IDELHINE8:Delhi_GK2_pws_,Bella.*:bella_vista_,Parcialmente:Par._,Probabilidad:Prob._,unifont:DejaVu_Sans_Mono_,Safdarjung:Safdarjung_Airport_,Regen:Schüttung_,teilweise_bewölkt:teilweise_wolkig||english|

Seems OK, cwxpath is set to usr/share/conkywx, but there's a path there, /home/jh/.config/conkywx/conkywx_internal/trends/forecast_trends-conkywx-02.conf-jh, that does not exist on my system.  I have to assume it's created once conkywx runs successfully.

I thought I'd run the Conkywx Weather Program Assistant and get the debug info, but this is what I see:

Conkywx Weather Program Assistant
        -----------------------------------------------------
        0 template config file(s) in use found. 
        Choice :  Config filename for Debug
          Note: > Indicates file in use :-)
          [[ q to Quit, p for Previous menu ]]
          Enter your choice followed by [ENTER]: 

Nothing I've tried will show me a template config file.

I'm now fresh out of ideas, and am hoping for a guidepost to getting this running once again.

#116 2014-06-08 19:20:48

7etc/

Hi once again Param!!! I still follow with the translate problems: Using the default lenguage conky restarts well, but using another (french, italian, espanol...) doesn't work after reboot, and I must return to the default lenguage. I've tried a lot of lenguages and the same result. Could take a look at this please? I'think I have properly configured. Apart of this, all works fine, but I can not find the error.
Thanks in advice.

#117 2014-06-09 17:13:26

Paramvir
Website

JoeHartley wrote:

I've been unable to get Conkywx 2.0 to run on my system since its release, and I finally have time to do some debugging.

Hey Joe - great to hear from you .. wink

We are not running the program in the prescribed way !

There should be a -t option which defines the template to use or -d which would define the element to use. It is all there on the wiki big_smile

No worries - try this

/usr/share/conkywx/run-conkywx.sh

I have been using this during testing and is a good file to look at. This file will trigger a file called

/usr/share/conkywx/conky-restart.sh

- have look at this file

let me know how it goes

cheers

#118 2014-06-09 17:24:33

Paramvir
Website

7etc/ wrote:

Hi once again Param!!! I still follow with the translate problems: Using the default lenguage conky restarts well, but using another (french, italian, espanol...) doesn't work after reboot, and I must return to the default lenguage. I've tried a lot of lenguages and the same result. Could take a look at this please? I'think I have properly configured. Apart of this, all works fine, but I can not find the error.
Thanks in advice.

Hello 7etc/ - how are we today wink

Please email me the debug file with say french set as language in the config file - it is working here - look at the weekdays - they should be in French. for some reason I am being told No INTERNET ... need to check that.

Type conkywx in a terminal window and select option for debug and then attach the debug file with your email message.

Thanks for your message smile

cheers

#119 2014-06-29 19:57:19

JoeHartley

Paramvir wrote:
JoeHartley wrote:

We are not running the program in the prescribed way !

There should be a -t option which defines the template to use or -d which would define the element to use. It is all there on the wiki big_smile

No worries - try this

I have been using this during testing and is a good file to look at. This file will trigger a file called

/usr/share/conkywx/conky-restart.sh

- have look at this file

let me know how it goes

cheers

I'm sure it's not an issue with the way I'm invoking conkywx.  I used to call conkywx by adding the following lines to conky-restart.sh:

# jh - Westerly weather
conkywx -c /home/jh/.conky/conkywx.conf &
# Example file from author
#conkywx -c /usr/share/conkywx/examples/conkywx.conf &

I've tried modifying my conky-system.rc:

${execpi 900 /usr/bin/conkywx -c /home/jh/.conky/conkywx.conf}

I've also tried it by defining template variables for the execpi call.

No matter how I invoke it, I see the same thing on stderr - a segfault at line 584 of conkywx.sh:

Conkywx program execution completed in: 0m1.650s
/usr/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh: line 584: 22257 Segmentation fault      "$cwx_perl_parser"

I've still got no idea why it could be failing on my system.

#120 2014-07-04 13:48:54

JoeHartley

JoeHartley wrote:

One thing about my following the prescribed way of putting the call to conkywx in my conky-system.rc is that the debug mode now gives me some more information.  Unfortunately wxwund_debug.log just shows me what I know:

+(625): get_present_data(): printf '%b\n' '|/usr/share/conkywx||/home/jh/.conky/conkywx.conf|/home/jh/.config/conkywx/conkywx_internal/trends/forecast_trends-conkywx.conf-jh|||english|'
+(627): get_present_data(): /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl
/usr/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh: line 584: 18694 Segmentation fault      "$cwx_perl_parser"
+(501): do_gdf(): devtest=1
+(669): do_debug(): set +x

Oh!!  Progress!!

This line appears in the log file:

+(97): show_noti(): notify-send 'Conkywx Weather Update' 'Weather update download completed.' -i /usr/share/conkywx/images/wxicons-02/pcrain.png -t 5000

This can't be right, as there's no such directory:

[root@xtc ~]# cd /usr/share/conkywx/images/
[root@xtc images]# ls -l
total 44
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 bgrounds
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 lua_windvane
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 moonicons
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 windrose-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 windrose-2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 windrose-3
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 wxicons-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 wxicons-2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 wxicons-3
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 wxicons-4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul  4 08:46 wxicons-5

Even if I change the value of wx_iconset in conkywx.conf I see the reference to the image in wxicons-02.

I created links to see what would happen:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    9 Jul  4 09:35 wxicons-01 -> wxicons-1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    9 Jul  4 09:35 wxicons-02 -> wxicons-2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    9 Jul  4 09:35 wxicons-03 -> wxicons-3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    9 Jul  4 09:35 wxicons-04 -> wxicons-4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    9 Jul  4 09:35 wxicons-05 -> wxicons-5

I can now see the image listed in the debug log but it still segfaults at line 584 of conkywx.sh.

#121 2014-07-05 02:39:01

Paramvir
Website

JoeHartley wrote:

Hi Joe smile

Been out and about - ok lets fix things big_smile

I am going back to basics - if you run the following line in a terminal window - what happens ???

Lets us just leave the way it has worked for you before - we shall come back to that later - first we need to see the basic setup working.

conkywx is working for others - it shall work for you as well Joe wink

cheers

#122 2014-07-05 14:36:06

JoeHartley

Paramvir wrote:
JoeHartley wrote:

Hi Joe smile

Been out and about - ok lets fix things big_smile

I am going back to basics - if you run the following line in a terminal window - what happens ???

Lets us just leave the way it has worked for you before - we shall come back to that later - first we need to see the basic setup working.

conkywx is working for others - it shall work for you as well Joe wink

cheers

No worries on timing, I'm persistent but not in a hurry.  I'm driven to find out what makes my installation different, though!

When I run run-conkywx.sh, I get this:

[jh@xtc ~]$ /usr/share/conkywx/run-conkywx.sh
[jh@xtc ~]$ Conky: desktop window (262) is root window
Conky: window type - normal
Conky: drawing to created window (0x600001)
Conky: drawing to double buffer

Conkywx program execution completed in: 0m1.767s
/usr/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh: line 584:  7517 Segmentation fault      "$cwx_perl_parser"

The main conky instance runs fine, but there's my old friend the segfault again.

I'm still calling conkywx from my conky-system.rc as shown above.  Note that it fails the same way even when I use other conkywx.conf files:
${execpi 900 /usr/bin/conkywx -c /usr/share/conkywx/examples/conkywx.conf  }

Copying any of the example *-conkywx.conf  files to conkywx.conf and re-running the run-conkywx.sh results in exactly the same segfault, so I'm pretty sure it's not just a config file syntax error.  My perl is v5.20.0 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi and is from the Arch repo so that should be all good.

#123 2014-07-07 07:39:36

Paramvir
Website

JoeHartley wrote:

No worries on timing, I'm persistent but not in a hurry.  I'm driven to find out what makes my installation different, though!

We am not able to get the answer we are looking for.

You need to pass a template file to conkywx along with the config file - if you do not pass a template - how do you expect the program to work?

Ideally if you do not pass any template file with the "-t" option you should get "Error" as text output.

conky will ideally seg fault if the text_buffer_size is too low, if it is not so low you will get some display and garbage and seg fault perhaps.

But if you do not pass the program the required parameters - I really cannot help.

Just for info here is wxparseinfo on my system - if you notice - your file starts and ends with the pipe character "|"

./examples/short-02-image-template.sh|/home/param/bin/projects/conkywx/conkywx_source/1.0.1/conkywx_1.0.1_source||./examples/conkywx-02.conf|/home/param/.config/conkywx/conkywx_internal/trends/forecast_trends-conkywx-02.conf-param|IDELHINE8:Delhi_GK2_pws_,Bella.*:bella_vista_,Parcialmente:Par._,Probabilidad:Prob._,unifont:DejaVu_Sans_Mono_,Safdarjung:Safdarjung_Airport_,Regen:Schüttung_,teilweise_bewölkt:teilweise_wolkig||english|-t

On another note - how were you running conkywx before version 2 - for data output you would have required "-t" or "-d" option anyway. Perhaps you can post the rc file for running conkywx....

cheers

#124 2014-12-17 02:51:47

tetonedge
Website

I have been trying to run the examples and everythig works but the forecast which returns N/A and the following error to the terminal

Use of uninitialized value $x in scalar chomp at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1043.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1006.
Use of uninitialized value within %day_wx in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1008.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1008.
Use of uninitialized value $x in scalar chomp at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1043.
Use of uninitialized value within %day_wx in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1013.
Use of uninitialized value $cond2 in lc at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 544.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1006.
Use of uninitialized value within %day_wx in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1008.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1008.
Use of uninitialized value within %day_wx in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 1013.
Use of uninitialized value $cond2 in lc at /usr/share/conkywx/lib/parsewx.pl line 544.

Ideas?

#125 2014-12-17 03:10:52

Paramvir
Website

tetonedge wrote:

I have been trying to run the examples and everythig works but the forecast which returns N/A and the following error to the terminal

Ideas?

Hey many thanks for your message smile

Yes the forecast part is in a flash wrapper and does not work unless you have a browser. I have tried other stuff - it does not translate into data.

Never the less - am working on a solution - at present testing out the changes.

Perhaps a few more days and voilà ... big_smile

cheers

Board footer