You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-15 03:34:23

12o

[SOLVED] Resetting a package installation to change providers

I'm trying to install a lib32-glu package onto my desktop provided by nvidia. When I first attempted to install, I was given a list of providers to choose from: something like 1) lib32-glu-mesa, 2) lib32-glu-nvidia, etc. I chose mesa by mistake when I found out later I need the nvidia. I uninstalled the lib32-glu and attempted to re-install. However, now it doesn't provide a list of providers to choose from, it goes right to asking if I want to install the mesa provided package. I tried refreshing using pacman -Syu with no effect. I tried deleting the package from the /var/cache/pacman/pkg with no effect. I tried reinstalling pacman with no effect. No matter what I do, I still can't get back to that list of providers to choose the nvidia package. I read through the pacman wiki and there's nothing that shows how to fix this (searching for "providers" produced no results). I tried searching on google for "arch linux pacman change providers" and received nothing back. I searched through the forums but didn't find anything either.

Is there a way to set it all the way back so I can have that choice again? I really don't want to re-install Arch Linux just so I can go back to that point.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 12o (2013-05-15 04:17:53)

Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver.

Time flies like the wind,
Fruit flies like bananas.

#2 2013-05-15 04:06:56

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Resetting a package installation to change providers

I think you're thinking of lib32-libgl, not lib32-glu. There are no alternatives for lib32-glu.

Last edited by Scimmia (2013-05-15 04:07:27)

#3 2013-05-15 04:17:32

12o

Re: [SOLVED] Resetting a package installation to change providers

Scimmia wrote:

I think you're thinking of lib32-libgl, not lib32-glu. There are no alternatives for lib32-glu.

I think that's what screwed me up. I installed both packages at once, but for some reason I read glu and not the libgl. I thought that one went in fine. That fixed it. Thanks. smile

Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver.

Time flies like the wind,
Fruit flies like bananas.

Board footer