You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-15 11:39:24

vladimir_1922

[SOLVED] problems with libpng not being detected.

Hello.

I just installed Arch (I keep trying other distros and returning), and this time I found a problem I never had:

Some packages ain't working because they can't detect libpng. I am quite desperate, I already installed the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, and no luck. from 1.6 to 1.2...

While compiling I also noticed that libpng is not the only not being detected, it also happens with openssl, which makes me to think it won't be the only one

May It be a problem on my locales?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by vladimir_1922 (2013-05-16 09:00:55)

#2 2013-05-15 11:41:22

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] problems with libpng not being detected.

And what do you expect us to do with only a vague description and no error messages?

#3 2013-05-15 11:41:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Please post actual error messages/output.

EDIT: beat by 13 seconds.

Last edited by Trilby (2013-05-15 11:41:55)

"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

#4 2013-05-15 13:09:29

vladimir_1922

Well. I'll post output from the two programs that are giving me a headache.

(Dwarf_Fortress:28755): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(Dwarf_Fortress:28731): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-error' for stock: Fatal error reading PNG image file: bad parameters to zlib

(It includes a popup window which tells me that it can't find  /opt/df_linux/data/art/mouse.png which of course is there. Some old bug report on the game page indicated me that this is caused by lib32_sdl-image being unable to read png files)

About links-g-directframebuffer:

checking for OpenSSL... no
checking for OpenSSL... no
configure: error: OpenSSL not found
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build links-g-directfb.

needless to say that openssl is installed, it is a dependency of links indeed. If I comment on the packagebuild the ssl flag like that:

build() {
  cd "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}"
  (cd intl; ./gen-intl; ./synclang)
  ./configure \
      --prefix=/usr \
      --mandir=/usr/share/man \
      --enable-javascript \
      --enable-graphics \
      #--with-ssl \
      --with-fb \
      --with-directfb
  make
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

checking for libpng >= 1.0.0... yes
checking LIBPNG_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/libpng16 
checking LIBPNG_LIBS... -lpng16 
checking for png.h... no
checking for libpng/png.h... no
checking for png_create_info_struct... yes
configure: error: You need libpng to compile Links in graphics mode

And I really want to compile on graphics mode, so I can browse the web from the console, so no place to disable libpng. As you can see, it is installed too.

My humble apologies for not being more specific, but my main problem is lack of information, so it is hard to be more specific. I have some libraries installed, and the system can't detect them. Never happened to me before since I started with Linux in 2004, so I really need someone with a deeper knowledge to fix this, as it is a new problem for me, and I want to know why it happened.

Cheers

#5 2013-05-16 05:11:50

Scimmia
Fellow

For the first one, there's already a bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/35294

The second one is a problem with how the configure script handles CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS. This wouldn't have shown up prior to Pacman 4.1 since it wasn't defining CPPFLAGS before that. Upstream should fix their crap, but for now you can add this to the build function before configure is run:

unset CPPFLAGS
export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2"

Edit: If you look at the top of the configure script, you'll see that it was generated with Autoconf 2.13, which was released back in 1999. Anyone surprised it's causing problems in 2013?

Last edited by Scimmia (2013-05-16 05:24:46)

#6 2013-05-16 08:59:31

vladimir_1922

Scimmia wrote:

For the first one, there's already a bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/35294

The second one is a problem with how the configure script handles CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS. This wouldn't have shown up prior to Pacman 4.1 since it wasn't defining CPPFLAGS before that. Upstream should fix their crap, but for now you can add this to the build function before configure is run:

unset CPPFLAGS
export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2"

Edit: If you look at the top of the configure script, you'll see that it was generated with Autoconf 2.13, which was released back in 1999. Anyone surprised it's causing problems in 2013?

Thank you very much!

Dwarf Fortress is working now like a charm now. To tough that I discarded the idea of simlinking a .bmp file to a .png because I tough it was too silly clears that I am getting old.

links -g is also working now, so now I only have to solve a little bit of bits and pieces to go

Cheers

Board footer