You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-16 12:27:32

Archcowboy

guile-gnome-platform(-git)

Hi everyone,

I am desperately looking for a way to install guile-gnome-platform. Either this or the git-Version, but both won't install (see comments in aur: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/guil … -platform/ and https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=42094). The manual install (decribed here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=841426) does not work either, since the scrips folder does not contain configure-packages.

I also tried installing the thing from here http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile-gnome/ … 6.1.tar.gz but that also leaves me with an error:

./configure --prefix=/usr && make
[blah]
In file included from guile-support.h:27:0,
                 from gc.c:26:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:35:2: Fehler: #error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly."
#error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly."
[\blub]

Is there any way to get this package working? I actually need it for gwave2.

Best regards
Cord

#2 2013-05-16 12:36:10

jakobcreutzfeldt

Re: guile-gnome-platform(-git)

This patch is from GSRC, which would be another option for installing guile-gnome-platform (disclaimer: I'm the GSRC maintainer). Anyway, applying this patch with makepkg in the PKGBUILD should work (you'll have to adjust the file paths though).

diff -x config.log -x config.status -ru work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c                              
--- work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c      2011-12-09 13:02:10.000000000 +0100                                                                                                        
+++ work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c      2012-12-16 14:33:37.272336113 +0100                                                                                                        
@@ -24,7 +24,7 @@                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

#include <guile-gnome-corba-generic.h>                                                                                                                                                                                            
 #include <guile-gnome-gobject.h>                                                                                                                                                                                                  
-#include <glib/gstrfuncs.h>                                                                                                                                                                                                       
+#include <glib.h>                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
 #include <string.h>                                                                                                                                                                                                               

static GQuark quark_corba_typecode = 0;                                                                                                                                                                                           
diff -x config.log -x config.status -ru work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/glib/gnome/gobject/guile-support.h work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/glib/gnome/gobject/guile-support.h                                                    
--- work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/glib/gnome/gobject/guile-support.h 2012-05-07 17:29:35.000000000 +0200                                                                                                                        
+++ work/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/glib/gnome/gobject/guile-support.h 2012-12-16 14:32:16.455649093 +0100                                                                                                                        
@@ -24,7 +24,7 @@                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
 #ifndef __GUILE_SUPPORT_H__                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 #define __GUILE_SUPPORT_H__                                                                                                                                                                                                       

-#include <glib/gmacros.h>                                                                                                                                                                                                         
+#include <glib.h>                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

#include <libguile.h>  

Last edited by jakobcreutzfeldt (2013-05-16 12:36:43)

#3 2013-05-16 13:36:32

Archcowboy

Hi jacobcreutzfeldt,

thank you for the patch. I am having problems applying it, though. This is what I did:

- Put your patch in a file called GSRC.patch
- Changed the work/[...] paths to src/[...]

-Then I changed my PKGBUILD to this

# Contributor: tantalum <mail at thaseph.de>
pkgname=guile-gnome-platform
pkgver=2.16.1
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc='Binding between Guile Scheme and the Gnome stack of libraries. (fe. Pango, GTK+, Cairo, GStreamer, Glade, GtkSourceView and else). To build wrappers for GTK+ and higher in the stack, you will first need Guile-Cairo.'
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL2')
url=http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/
depends=('guile>=1.6.4' 'g-wrap>=1.9.13' libffi patch)
optdepends=('guile-cairo: cairo bindings' 'guile-gtk: gtk bindings')
source=(
 http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile-gnome/${pkgname}/${pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz
 fix-gtk-2.18-build.patch
 GSRC.patch
)
md5sums=(fde233c17863b7dfbe6937e4b5c00669 f2a0b3a62596b8d467fab7862b1e6151 1df1f206537354e4a52ed891c5458d7c)

build(){
 cd "$pkgname"-"$pkgver" &&
 patch -p0 -i "$srcdir"/../fix-gtk-2.18-build.patch -d gtk || return 1 &&
 patch -p0 -i "$srcdir"/../GSRC.patch || return 1

./configure --disable-Werror --prefix=/usr || return 1

make && make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install || return 1

#remove documentation
 if [ -e ${pkgdir}/usr/share/info/dir ]; then
  rm ${pkgdir}/usr/share/info/dir
 fi
}

When I run "makepkg -s" I get the error

can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -x config.log -x config.status -ru src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c                              
|--- src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c      2011-12-09 13:02:10.000000000 +0100                                                                                                        
|+++ src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2/corba/gnome/corba/guile-gnome-corba-generic.c      2012-12-16 14:33:37.272336113 +0100                                                                                                        
--------------------------
File to patch: 

I played around with the -pnum parameter, but the error remains. The files exist in the src/[...] directory, I also tried to use absolute paths without success.

This is the first time for me to apply a patch - what am I doing wrong?

Best regards
Cord

#4 2013-05-16 13:40:53

jakobcreutzfeldt

Try removing the "src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2" part from the paths. Just before you're applying the patch, you cd into that directory, so you don't need to specify it in the paths.

#5 2013-05-16 18:02:39

Archcowboy

Ok, I removed that part and had to add --ignore-whitespace in the patch line in PKGBUILD and the patch seems to work. It then starts to build but eventually stops with this error:

[blah...]
config.status: creating gtk/guile-gnome-gtk.pc
config.status: creating gtk/guile-gnome-gtk-uninstalled.pc
config.status: creating libgnomeui/guile-gnome-libgnomeui.pc
config.status: creating libgnomeui/guile-gnome-libgnomeui-uninstalled.pc
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing glib/gnome/gobject/guile-gnome-gobject commands
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1'
Making all in defs
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs'
Making all in gnome
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/gnome'
Making all in defs
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/gnome/defs'
make[4]: Für das Ziel »all« ist nichts zu tun.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/gnome/defs'
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/gnome'
make[4]: Für das Ziel »all-am« ist nichts zu tun.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/gnome'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/gnome'
Making all in tools
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/tools'
make[3]: Für das Ziel »all« ist nichts zu tun.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs/tools'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs'
cp guile-gnome-defs.pc guile-gnome-defs-2.pc
cp guile-gnome-defs-uninstalled.pc guile-gnome-defs-2-uninstalled.pc
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/defs'
Making all in glib
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib'
Making all in .
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib'
cp guile-gnome-glib.pc guile-gnome-glib-2.pc
cp guile-gnome-glib-uninstalled.pc guile-gnome-glib-2-uninstalled.pc
if test -f gnome-2.scm; then chmod +w gnome-2.scm; fi
sed -e "s|@API_VERSION\@|2|g" \
    -e "s|@running-uninstalled\@|#t|g" \
    -e "s|@guilegnomedir\@|/usr/share/guile-gnome-2|g" \
    -e "s|@guilegnomelibdir\@|/usr/lib/guile-gnome-2|g" \
    -e "s|@libdir\@|/usr/lib|g" \
    gnome.scm.in > gnome-2.scm
chmod -w gnome-2.scm
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib'
Making all in gnome
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib/gnome'
Making all in gobject
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib/gnome/gobject'
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gc.c > gc.x \
|| { rm gc.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gutil.c > gutil.x \
|| { rm gutil.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gtype.c > gtype.x \
|| { rm gtype.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gparameter.c > gparameter.x \
|| { rm gparameter.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gvalue.c > gvalue.x \
|| { rm gvalue.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gclosure.c > gclosure.x \
|| { rm gclosure.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gsignal.c > gsignal.x \
|| { rm gsignal.x; false; }
guile-snarf -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gobject.c > gobject.x \
|| { rm gobject.x; false; }
gcc -E -DSCM_MAGIC_SNARF_DOCS -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -Wall -g -pthread -std=gnu99 -pthread -I/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  gobject.c \
  | grep -E '^\^\^ {.*\^\^ }' > gobject.doc || { rm gobject.doc; false; }
make[4]: *** [gobject.doc] Fehler 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib/gnome/gobject'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib/gnome'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1/glib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cord/build/guile-gnome-platform/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.1'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
==> FEHLER: Ein Fehler geschah in build().
    Breche ab ...

Any ideas?

#6 2013-05-17 18:21:06

Archcowboy

It looks like there is no real way to use gwave2 anymore since guile-gnome-platform is so outdated and not maintained anymore. Gaw seems to be a rewrite of gwave and I'll stick with that.

Board footer