You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-17 03:15:57

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

New Forum: System Administration

There is a new forum for the community: System Administration

From the sticky:

This forum is for technical issues revolving around the ongoing maintenance and fine tuning of Arch systems.

It is intended for challenging and interesting issues; solutions and posts here are expected to provide value to the more competent GNU/Linux users and established members of the community.

Posts that are off-topic or help vampirism  will be closed, moved or deleted as deemed appropriate by the staff.

This is mostly for the tinkerers and inveterate breakers and fixers; somewhere to seek out the trickier, tougher issues.

Knock yourselves out...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#2 2013-05-17 07:23:28

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: New Forum: System Administration

I can't understand the need for this.

If it is breakage related, which usually happens after upgrades, it would fit "Pacman & Package Upgrade Issues". If it is general tinkering around, there's

• Applications & Desktop Environments

• Networking, Server, and Protection

• Kernel & Hardware

etc. I think this will create more headaches for the moderators, as you'll have to decide where a thread fits most appropriately.

#3 2013-05-17 07:42:15

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Initially, it will require more work. The staff believe, though, that over time it will provide more benefit for the people who have been using Arch for longer periods of time and are not all that interested in wading through dozens of threads with titles like "Help: yesterday's update broke my Arch!!"

None of the boards are set in stone; if more changes to the way the boards are organized seem like a sensible thing to do, then we can tinker more with how things are set up (or revert back)...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2013-05-17 13:21:52

drcouzelis
Website

I think I get it... Things like:

How can I fix a broken Btrfs snapshot?

or

I'm trying to install ARM 64 libraries on my i686 installation.

or

ANYTHING RELATED TO SELINUX

*shudder*

Board footer