You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-15 14:21:05

MisterAnderson

[SOLVED]MacBook Air (3,2) keyboard and trackpad stop responding int...

Hey guys, I've now got arch running on my air perfectly I think, except for a random loss of trackpad and keyboard input. It happens even with a usb keyboard. I'm not sure if the whole laptop is freezing or only the inputs stop functioning, I believe it is the latter because things that blink or move onscreen like the cursor keep blinking. It happens both in X and out. I have no idea where to start for diagnosing.

My current kernel line is this:

options "ro root=LABEL=arch arch noapic irqpoll acpi=force noefi"

I'm using nouveau but it also happens using fbdev. I can't get nvidia to work, it just blacks out the screen when starting X.

Any hints are welcome smile

EDIT: It just happened again, this time just after I clicked on a tab in firefox. I hit refresh, so the spinning circle came up on the tab, and the windows partially reloaded, then the mouse pointer stopped responding. The loading circle then stayed spinning indefinitely with the page failing to load any further.

Further information:
I removed noapic, irqpoll, arch (is that even a valid kernel option?) and noefi from the kernel line for this boot so that all that was left was acpi=force and it still booted happily. I'm not sure if I need any of those, I can't remember why I added them, probably to fix this keyboard issue. I'm booting through rEFInd so maybe I shouldn't have that noefi entry anyway.

Last edited by MisterAnderson (2013-05-20 05:30:28)

D:

#2 2013-05-20 05:29:25

MisterAnderson

Re: [SOLVED]MacBook Air (3,2) keyboard and trackpad stop responding int...

Solved, I removed all boot options and I'm guessing one of them was causing it.

D:

Board footer