You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-20 07:50:33

and-bnk

luks problems with kernel 3.9.3-1

Hi everyone!
this morning I updated my system and I installed the new kernel 3.9.3-1. Then, I have rebooted.
Unfortunately, at the boot, cryptsetup+luks did not recognize my password anymore: it says that there is no slot with that passphrase.
For the record: I have an encrypted partition /dev/sda2 where is stored my swap partition and my root partition.
At the boot, the hook ecrypt should decrypt my sda2 drive.

of course, the password is correct: if I run a live usb (arch linux 3.8.4-4), then I can decrypt successfully my drive and  my partitions are mounted perfectly as they are supposed to. I can also arch-chroot without any problem.

What do you think?
Can you confirm me this weird behaviour?
Is this something to do with luks or some bug about the keyboard input?

If I want to downgrade the kernel, where can I find the package of the previous version?

Thanks in advance!

best regards,
and-bnk

#2 2013-05-20 09:26:37

Strike0

Re: luks problems with kernel 3.9.3-1

Good you can chroot fine. Easiest to downgrade from the testing kernel is chroot and install the prior version with "pacman -U linux-version" from /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
When you later look at the output of image generation from your previous upgrade to 3.9.3-1  (e.g.  "less /var/log/pacman.log |grep ALPM"), did that show an error?

(this thread should be in the testing Repo forum, btw.)

#3 2013-05-20 13:47:49

and-bnk

the downgrading did not success... still having problem in decrypting the partion at boot.

Strike0 wrote:

When you later look at the output of image generation from your previous upgrade to 3.9.3-1  (e.g.  "less /var/log/pacman.log |grep ALPM"), did that show an error?

btw, I do not understand what you want me to do...

#4 2013-05-20 14:07:25

Strike0

and-bnk wrote:

the downgrading did not success... still having problem in decrypting the partion at boot.

Strike0 wrote:

btw, I do not understand what you want me to do...

I was asking you to check, if your first installation of linux 3.9.3-1 was successful according to the pacman logfile or not.

With respect to the not successful downgrade it is difficult to help you, if you do not provide more information about what you downgraded to which release and what the output was. That info should be in the logfile too.

#5 2013-05-20 14:45:53

and-bnk

Strike0 wrote:

I was asking you to check, if your first installation of linux 3.9.3-1 was successful according to the pacman logfile or not.

yes, it was. the log is clean.

Strike0 wrote:

With respect to the not successful downgrade it is difficult to help you, if you do not provide more information about what you downgraded to which release and what the output was. That info should be in the logfile too.

I have donwgraded both linux and linux-headers to the 3.9.2-1 verision. At boot, it did not recognize my passphrase again
But now I solved it: I chroot from live and re-generate the initramfs image by myself. It worked.

Thank you, anyways!

Board footer