You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-06 21:44:49

timm

compiling fax2pdf

I'm trying to install hylafax and set it up so the server emails me a pdf of the fax.  I've run across a lot of conflicting information about how to do this, but there seems to be 2 things I need: a program called fax2pdf (I found the source on sourceforge) and one called metamail (which I found the source for somewhere, don't remember) or mimencode (which I found, again, somewhere)

I've tried compiling fax2pdf and metamail on my up-to-date Arch system, with no luck.  make gives lots of errors; my problem is that I don't know what any of the errors mean or how to solve them.  Where does one start troubleshooting a problem like this?

#2 2005-12-07 00:44:08

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: compiling fax2pdf

Post the PKGBUILD you used and the errors you got.

#3 2005-12-07 02:54:25

afu

You might try posting some of the errors here too. Look in the source tree for the documents like the README and look for the requirements and make sure you have them installed. Usually the requirements are not met because you don't have them installed, they are in some other directory that the compiling application does not know about, or there are version issues.
-Shawn

#4 2005-12-08 21:53:29

timm

There is no PKGBUILD for this thing, I'm just working from the source I found elsewhere.  In the meantime, I've found out there was a bug in the version of hylafax used by Arch right now, so I'm looking at modifying that package to install the newer version, and see where that takes me. This is my first venture into packages, so I'll see how it goes.

Board footer