You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-24 12:49:26

totsilence

pulseaudio 3.99.2-1 -> no more sound in Skype 4.2.0.11-1 from multlib

Hey,

on x86_64, upgrading to pulseaudio (+libpulse + lib32-libpulse) 3.99.2-1 makes my skype sound break. Skype is installed from multilib. It doesn't output anything anymore, even though everything works fine with pulseaudio from extra. A few days ago I also experienced badly crackling and distorted sound whenever skype played any sound (that was still with pulseaudio 3.99.2-1).

I'm using the snd-hda-intel alsa driver.

A workaround is to put tsched=0 in /etc/pulse/default.pa after

load-module module-udev-detect

but I didn't have to do this with pulseaudio from extra. Downgrading to pulseaudio from extra helped. Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Best
Bastian

#2 2013-05-24 13:23:59

nperry

Re: pulseaudio 3.99.2-1 -> no more sound in Skype 4.2.0.11-1 from multlib

There was something I seen on Skype's jira [1]. However for the last couple of days Skype's jira has just been forwarding to their homepage so not sure.

I had the same issues a couple of days ago when I was play with gnome-shell, which I've now uninstalled due to Pulseaudio.

[1]  - https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCL-726

#3 2013-05-24 19:36:14

cagprado

totsilence wrote:

Hey,
on x86_64, upgrading to pulseaudio (+libpulse + lib32-libpulse) 3.99.2-1 makes my skype sound break. Skype is installed from multilib. It doesn't output anything anymore, even though everything works fine with pulseaudio from extra. A few days ago I also experienced badly crackling and distorted sound whenever skype played any sound (that was still with pulseaudio 3.99.2-1).

I’m also having problems with pulseaudio 3.99.2-1… although my skype works fine after 'tsched=0' trick. After upgrade I noticed no sound coming from VidyoDesktop, neither from Linphone (alsa works fine, problem is only with pulseaudio output), they will however work fine with pulseaudio from extra. I’m using both laptop and desktop intel-based x86_64 arch system. Both using snd_hda_intel module. Both present the exact same problem.

The applications mentioned recognize pulseaudio output and input in configuration and they appear correctly within pavucontrol when they are supposedly outputting sounds. But although the dB bar does move sometimes, sound is never actually heard.

nperry wrote:

There was something I seen on Skype's jira [1]. However for the last couple of days Skype's jira has just been forwarding to their homepage so not sure.

From a cached url on google I could find the following:

Attention: jira.skype.com will be decommissioned on May 15, 2013.
If you have a feature request or have found a bug in our clients please contact customer service or visit our support network.
Developers looking for assistance with their SkypeKit or Desktop API project should visit the Skype Developer Forum.
If you have an open issue we will continue to work through these, however, you will not receive any more updates on their status.
Thank you for your support.

#4 2013-05-25 09:02:02

nperry

cagprado wrote:
nperry wrote:

From a cached url on google I could find the following:

Attention: jira.skype.com will be decommissioned on May 15, 2013.
If you have a feature request or have found a bug in our clients please contact customer service or visit our support network.
Developers looking for assistance with their SkypeKit or Desktop API project should visit the Skype Developer Forum.
If you have an open issue we will continue to work through these, however, you will not receive any more updates on their status.
Thank you for your support.

Why didn't I think of that!! +1 for your google-fu skills, thanks!

#5 2013-06-24 04:01:15

dimath

For not so google-fu people, what's the correct fix you say?

#6 2013-06-25 07:39:41

bluber

I had the same issue, the following solved it:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pu … _crackling

Hope this helps the "not so google-fu people".

Board footer