You are not logged in.

#1226 2013-05-24 16:19:44

sardina
Member
Registered: 2013-02-23
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Nice concept & colors & Lasker citation. big_smile

Offline

#1227 2013-05-24 17:40:40

abstracity
Member
From: Houston, USA
Registered: 2007-08-08
Posts: 83

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

sardina wrote:

Nice concept & colors & Lasker citation. big_smile

Thanks sardina! That guy was awesome!


Without error there can be no brilliancy. ― Emanuel Lasker

Offline

#1228 2013-05-24 20:11:18

rlevArch
Member
Registered: 2011-12-04
Posts: 35

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

The systray background is messed up and showing up as a bright neon green. Haven't had any luck comparing configs, looking through awesome wiki, or checking the irc for both awesome and arch, so posting here is a last ditch effort.

Here's a screeny, anyone know the problem? http://imgur.com/Z5Owwmp

Offline

#1229 2013-05-24 20:16:34

abstracity
Member
From: Houston, USA
Registered: 2007-08-08
Posts: 83

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

rlevArch wrote:

The systray background is messed up and showing up as a bright neon green. Haven't had any luck comparing configs, looking through awesome wiki, or checking the irc for both awesome and arch, so posting here is a last ditch effort.

Here's a screeny, anyone know the problem? http://imgur.com/Z5Owwmp

Hey rlevArch. I assume you've tried setting "theme.bg_systray" to something other than the default? Using "theme.bg_systray = theme.bg_normal" shows up correctly on my end.


Without error there can be no brilliancy. ― Emanuel Lasker

Offline

#1230 2013-05-24 20:30:46

rlevArch
Member
Registered: 2011-12-04
Posts: 35

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

abstracity wrote:
rlevArch wrote:

The systray background is messed up and showing up as a bright neon green. Haven't had any luck comparing configs, looking through awesome wiki, or checking the irc for both awesome and arch, so posting here is a last ditch effort.

Here's a screeny, anyone know the problem? http://imgur.com/Z5Owwmp

Hey rlevArch. I assume you've tried setting "theme.bg_systray" to something other than the default? Using "theme.bg_systray = theme.bg_normal" shows up correctly on my end.

That's exactly what I have. I've uploaded my rc.lua and theme.lua to github.

But, I gotta apologize for hijacking the thread, I'm gonna make my own post elsewhere.

Last edited by rlevArch (2013-05-24 21:30:35)

Offline

#1231 2013-05-25 10:43:44

sardina
Member
Registered: 2013-02-23
Posts: 147
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

abstracity wrote:
sardina wrote:

Nice concept & colors & Lasker citation. big_smile

Thanks sardina! That guy was awesome!

Would you post your configs please? smile

I'm kinda interested in the tagbar.

Offline

#1232 2013-05-28 04:16:03

iRmonkD
Member
From: 206, WA
Registered: 2010-11-02
Posts: 31

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

abstracity wrote:

MrQuest! I love the mood your theme invokes. It's perfect for a raining day.

Here are some features of my current desktop...

  • PAC-MAN Start Menu: Click icon to Update, Reboot, or Shutdown.

  • Workspaces: Travel like PAC-MAN by munching on dots.

  • White terminals: For using Emacs/VIM to type academic/office documents.

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/4999/screenshotcleanw3thumb.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img197/1019/screenshotgreythumb.png

I thought I was the only one that liked the all whites like that. Looks good

Offline

#1233 2013-05-29 06:22:57

shmibs
Member
Registered: 2012-09-11
Posts: 91

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

and now for something completely different!
awesome running in MATE:
clean
dirty


[site] | [dotfiles] | あたしたち、人間じゃないの?

Offline

#1234 2013-05-29 19:37:23

tb01110100
Member
From: Hoosierland
Registered: 2012-12-25
Posts: 42

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

tbuck153 wrote:

This is my first time using Arch and also my first venture into tiling window managers. It's safe to say that I'm caught in the rabbit hole.

Floating & Colors:
http://ompldr.org/taWV0YQ

Tiled & GTK:
http://ompldr.org/taWV0Yw

I'm happy with everything but my beautiful/widget themes, mostly the borders and text/icons colors. Once that's polished up I'll be using this setup for a while smile

May I please, please have your configs? All of them? tongue
Thanks.

blackout23 wrote:

Me being a n00b with awesome. Using stuff other people kindly shared on the internet.
Want to add a pacman vicious widget and some temp widgets tomorrow.

And yours too, if you don't mind. smile

Last edited by tb01110100 (2013-05-29 19:52:27)

Offline

#1235 2013-05-29 23:52:45

mony
Member
Registered: 2013-03-07
Posts: 27

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

some changes smile
screenshot

Offline

#1236 2013-05-31 22:04:58

GermainZ
Member
Registered: 2013-05-08
Posts: 11

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

mony wrote:

some changes smile
screenshot

I went over your rc.lua a few times and simply can't understand how you colored the different widgets flawlessly.
From what I see, only <span background='..'>" is used in your config, and that's not enough (using it, only the widget's background is colored, but the widget's height is slightly smaller than the wibox's, so there's still a gap). Looking at the API, I _think_ it's possible using set_bg if I use a drawable, but you use none so I might be missing something really trivial.
Could you please clear that up for me?

Thanks smile


Also, here's my current screenshot - didn't mess a lot with the looks yet (and probably won't except for the wibar; I dislike titlebars), but I'm rather happy with figuring out how to map mod+numpad to move the window (e.g. mod+Numpad9 moves the window to the upper right corner, mod+Numpad5 to the middle, etc), like a Compiz plugin did:
http://i.imgur.com/jmvSRBs.png
I was trying to get the widgets to get colored correctly, which is why the separators look weird. The icons are also from mony's config, as I found them neat. wink

Last edited by GermainZ (2013-05-31 22:11:29)

Offline

#1237 2013-06-01 22:12:08

mony
Member
Registered: 2013-03-07
Posts: 27

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

GermainZ wrote:
mony wrote:

some changes smile
screenshot

I went over your rc.lua a few times and simply can't understand how you colored the different widgets flawlessly.
From what I see, only <span background='..'>" is used in your config, and that's not enough (using it, only the widget's background is colored, but the widget's height is slightly smaller than the wibox's, so there's still a gap). Looking at the API, I _think_ it's possible using set_bg if I use a drawable, but you use none so I might be missing something really trivial.
Could you please clear that up for me?

Thanks smile


Also, here's my current screenshot - didn't mess a lot with the looks yet (and probably won't except for the wibar; I dislike titlebars), but I'm rather happy with figuring out how to map mod+numpad to move the window (e.g. mod+Numpad9 moves the window to the upper right corner, mod+Numpad5 to the middle, etc), like a Compiz plugin did:
http://i.imgur.com/jmvSRBs.png
I was trying to get the widgets to get colored correctly, which is why the separators look weird. The icons are also from mony's config, as I found them neat. wink

you have to put two things:
1. space
2. big font size

e.g.

<span background='" ..beautiful.colors.base1 .. "' color='" .. beautiful.colors.base03 .. "' font='Tamsyn 15'> <span font='" .. beautiful.font .. "'>ƞ $1%</span></span>

tamsyn 15 for the space font='Tamsyn 15'> <span the space between > <
then reset the default font font='" .. beautiful.font .. "' for the widget
smile i hope you got it

Offline

#1238 2013-06-03 01:59:52

zezhyrule3
Member
Registered: 2013-03-08
Posts: 65

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

xpost from June screenshot thread


th_VZUM8yd_zpsc13f1bf8.png


- dots -

Offline

#1239 2013-06-03 17:32:13

GermainZ
Member
Registered: 2013-05-08
Posts: 11

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

mony wrote:

you have to put two things:
1. space
2. big font size

Thank you, it's very clear. smile

Offline

#1240 2013-06-03 18:21:39

Neuromatic
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2013-05-31
Posts: 65

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

zezhyrule3 wrote:

xpost from June screenshot thread

My girlfriend is annoying me about your wallpaper. Would you share it, please? wink


/* No Comment */

Offline

#1241 2013-06-03 18:34:22

MatejLach
Member
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2011-06-22
Posts: 311
Website

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Not OP, but here you go:
http://www.animemay.com/Anime_Series/Ni … aper_18213 (scroll down & pick your res.)

Offline

#1242 2013-06-03 18:40:57

zezhyrule3
Member
Registered: 2013-03-08
Posts: 65

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Neuromatic wrote:

My girlfriend is annoying me about your wallpaper. Would you share it, please? wink

Haha, sure. Here you go.

Edit: Ooh I was beaten. Oh well. Honestly I didn't even know it was from an anime series xD

Last edited by zezhyrule3 (2013-06-03 18:45:14)


- dots -

Offline

#1243 2013-06-03 18:46:03

Neuromatic
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2013-05-31
Posts: 65

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Well, thank you very much. You saved my evening big_smile


/* No Comment */

Offline

#1244 2013-06-04 04:09:09

gllt
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-06-02
Posts: 2

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

k2j4hBos.pngn6ntriPs.png

Direct links;
http://i.imgur.com/k2j4hBo.png
http://i.imgur.com/n6ntriP.png

First attempt at an awesome desktop
thanks for the nichijou wallpaper, i tweaked it a little for my preference (using pcmanfm to set my wallpaper)
my gtk2 theme is gm-looks
I modified the default theme to my liking using a palette I made on adobe kuler
I also got rid of the fullscreen mode and a handful of workspaces/tags

edit: haha, what an oversight, i forgot the delay on that command in the first screenshot..

Last edited by gllt (2013-06-04 04:10:18)

Offline

#1245 2013-06-05 19:27:17

cierpliwy
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2012-06-23
Posts: 6

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

Busy:
2013_06_05_211733_1600x900_scrot.jpg

Clean:
2013_06_05_211743_1600x900_scrot.jpg

Still working on it...

Offline

#1246 2013-06-07 12:29:08

MONVMENTVM
Member
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 47

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

mony wrote:
GermainZ wrote:
mony wrote:

some changes smile
screenshot

I went over your rc.lua a few times and simply can't understand how you colored the different widgets flawlessly.
From what I see, only <span background='..'>" is used in your config, and that's not enough (using it, only the widget's background is colored, but the widget's height is slightly smaller than the wibox's, so there's still a gap). Looking at the API, I _think_ it's possible using set_bg if I use a drawable, but you use none so I might be missing something really trivial.
Could you please clear that up for me?

Thanks smile


Also, here's my current screenshot - didn't mess a lot with the looks yet (and probably won't except for the wibar; I dislike titlebars), but I'm rather happy with figuring out how to map mod+numpad to move the window (e.g. mod+Numpad9 moves the window to the upper right corner, mod+Numpad5 to the middle, etc), like a Compiz plugin did:
http://i.imgur.com/jmvSRBs.png
I was trying to get the widgets to get colored correctly, which is why the separators look weird. The icons are also from mony's config, as I found them neat. wink

you have to put two things:
1. space
2. big font size

e.g.

<span background='" ..beautiful.colors.base1 .. "' color='" .. beautiful.colors.base03 .. "' font='Tamsyn 15'> <span font='" .. beautiful.font .. "'>ƞ $1%</span></span>

tamsyn 15 for the space font='Tamsyn 15'> <span the space between > <
then reset the default font font='" .. beautiful.font .. "' for the widget
smile i hope you got it


Loving this ... I was looking for a solarized awesome theme, and this one's really really cool. I have the problem though that the widget text on the wibox is aligned to the bottom instead of being centered. I disabled some of the widgets because they were making the wm unresponsive all the time but I don't think that this would mess up the text alignment of the mem, cpu and clock widget or would it?

Offline

#1247 2013-06-08 13:15:49

mony
Member
Registered: 2013-03-07
Posts: 27

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

MONVMENTVM wrote:

I have the problem though that the widget text on the wibox is aligned to the bottom instead of being centered. I disabled some of the widgets because they were making the wm unresponsive all the time but I don't think that this would mess up the text alignment of the mem, cpu and clock widget or would it?

What do you mean ?
do you mean to set the text in the tasklist to be aligned to the center ?
to do that you must do this in your common.lua

...
         bgb:set_bg(bg)
         if type(bg_image) == "function" then
             bg_image = bg_image(tb,o,m,objects,i)
         end
         bgb:set_bgimage(bg_image)
         ib:set_image(icon)
         w:add(bgb)
+        tb:set_align("center")
    end
 end
...

common.lua

Offline

#1248 2013-06-08 14:53:39

MONVMENTVM
Member
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 47

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

mony wrote:
MONVMENTVM wrote:

I have the problem though that the widget text on the wibox is aligned to the bottom instead of being centered. I disabled some of the widgets because they were making the wm unresponsive all the time but I don't think that this would mess up the text alignment of the mem, cpu and clock widget or would it?

What do you mean ?
do you mean to set the text in the tasklist to be aligned to the center ?
to do that you must do this in your common.lua

...
         bgb:set_bg(bg)
         if type(bg_image) == "function" then
             bg_image = bg_image(tb,o,m,objects,i)
         end
         bgb:set_bgimage(bg_image)
         ib:set_image(icon)
         w:add(bgb)
+        tb:set_align("center")
    end
 end
...

common.lua

Thanks for the reply. I should've made a screenshot before to make things clear... but well here it is now:

2v1lmww.png

The text in the widgets (apart from awesompd) is not centered vertically. I think there's something messed up with the height of the bar/widgets or the font size/spacing. Also the awesompd widget is thinner than the rest. I tried to mess around with border sizes etc. but that didn't do anything.

Offline

#1249 2013-06-08 15:36:29

mony
Member
Registered: 2013-03-07
Posts: 27

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

MONVMENTVM wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I should've made a screenshot before to make things clear... but well here it is now:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2v1lmww.png

The text in the widgets (apart from awesompd) is not centered vertically. I think there's something messed up with the height of the bar/widgets or the font size/spacing. Also the awesompd widget is thinner than the rest. I tried to mess around with border sizes etc. but that didn't do anything.

did you change the font for the space ?
because i have that problem with some fonts e.g. sans
use tamsyn

and for awesompd i've fixed this issue by editing awesompd.lua line 818
but there is an alternative way
rc.lua

...
  musicwidget.ldecorator = "<span font='Tamsyn 15'><span font='".. beautiful.font .."'>Ǝ "
  musicwidget.rdecorator = "</span> </span>"
...

it will be in the new commit smile

Last edited by mony (2013-06-09 10:37:42)

Offline

#1250 2013-06-09 11:29:05

MONVMENTVM
Member
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 47

Re: Share your Awesome(WM) desktop!

mony wrote:
MONVMENTVM wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I should've made a screenshot before to make things clear... but well here it is now:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2v1lmww.png

The text in the widgets (apart from awesompd) is not centered vertically. I think there's something messed up with the height of the bar/widgets or the font size/spacing. Also the awesompd widget is thinner than the rest. I tried to mess around with border sizes etc. but that didn't do anything.

did you change the font for the space ?
because i have that problem with some fonts e.g. sans
use tamsyn

and for awesompd i've fixed this issue by editing awesompd.lua line 818
but there is an alternative way
rc.lua

...
  musicwidget.ldecorator = "<span font='Tamsyn 15'><span font='".. beautiful.font .."'>Ǝ "
  musicwidget.rdecorator = "</span> </span>"
...

it will be in the new commit smile

No I didn't change the font, the config is the same as yours from the repository except that I disabled a few widgets. Anyway your awesompd modification fixes the height, but weirdly enough also aligns the text on the bottom now. I guess the font size is too big pushing the text down, because when I change the size to 12 it seems to align better towards the middle. Is it possible that our tamsyn fonts themselves differ?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB