You are not logged in.

#1 2004-01-23 15:12:49

red_over_blue

Progress with cinelerra

Hey everyone,

After someone posting that they had cinelerra in incoming, I decided to try the PKGBUILD.  Unfortunately, it installs all its files outside $startdir/pkg.  So, I thought, I'll give this a quick go and kick things into place.

Well, I thought it would take me an hour or so, but it ended up being longer.  The lack of a central configure script and static Makefiles has made this thing a beast.  However, I can get it to compile, install what seems to be most of the file in the proper location, and cinelerra will even launch.  However, it dies immediately.

I don't have any more time to spend on this project, so here is what I have so far.  Knowing me, there is likely a method 1000 times easier than what I have below.  However, if not, at least someone can simply take this and run with it.... good luck! 

PS - there could be (and likely are) errors in the PKGBUILD, so don't assume that what is there already is 100% golden:

http://26rca.zapto.org/misc/arch/PKGBUILD-cinelerra

Don't forget to post your PKGBUILD in your thread when you announce a new package in incoming.
see HERE for details

#2 2004-01-23 15:24:24

dariball
Website

Re: Progress with cinelerra

hmmm, sounds cool smile

ahm, yes if nobody else takes the challenge *g*,
I'll try to build it tomorrow, (because there is no time left today smile

nothing,
maybe I have a perfect signature _someday_

#3 2005-01-11 08:19:59

judfilm