You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-23 02:38:06

allevil669

Video corruption during installation...

Hi all.

I'm attempting to install Arch onto my desktop and I'm encountering an issue, which is odd because I've never had an issue when I installed Arch onto the machine before.
The issue is that the video output at the install console is quite corrupted, heavily pixelated, at an odd angle (about 45 degrees, if that matters), and "shaking", for lack of a better word, back and forth like it has palsy.

My hardware has not changed since I last installed Arch, so I'm assuming that it's the installer. My video card is a nVidia 9800GTX+, if that helps.

Any insight into this issue would be welcome.

#2 2013-06-04 02:48:11

allevil669

Re: Video corruption during installation...

So, nobody has any ideas what it could be? This has become a "time for a new distro" problem. I am at my wits end trying to solve this issue.

Again, ANY suggestions would be welcome.

#3 2013-06-04 03:46:58

WonderWoofy

Re: Video corruption during installation...

Well, I haven't even the slightest of slight ideas.  But it sounds like you are getting this in the live media.  So have you tried the June archiso release?  Or possibly earlier ones?  I would imagine this has something to do with the kernel module since it sounds like it happens very early.  So maybe a different kernel version would help?  (Which a different month's installer would do).

Board footer