You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-04 15:54:50

gabe.benson

Bios RAID Partition Not Detected at Boot

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem that's really a minor annoyance.  I have two 1TB hdds set up in RAID-0 and my system (Arch x64) on a separate ssd.  When I boot up, the RAID volume is not detected automatically.  I have to manually run partprobe, then the partition is detected and I can mount it as expected.

I've been unsuccessful as to finding a solution and was hoping you guys could help.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need any more information.

#2 2013-06-04 16:15:26

alphaniner

Re: Bios RAID Partition Not Detected at Boot

More details about the RAID would be helpful. I'm assuming it's some sort of fakeraid though, which I can't help you with.

In any case, the first thing is to parse the journal/syslog for everything related to the array.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2013-06-05 14:58:33

gabe.benson

Re: Bios RAID Partition Not Detected at Boot

Yeah, it's a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard, and I'm using the two Marvell sata ports for the RAID.  It's detected and works flawlessly in Windows; the RAID0 volume is formatted NTFS.

And, like I said, when I load up Arch, after I run partprobe as root, I can mount and use the volume just as well as I can in Windows.  I'd just like to have it all done automatically.

Board footer