You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-13 22:41:39

rabadash

how to copy dvd's?

So my friend wants me to burn some Pearl Jam bootlegs for him, and while I've googled it, experimented, and searched arch's resources, I can't figure out what programs to use if I wan't to make copies of a dvd.  I was hoping that there would be something like Graveman that simply let me rip it, insert a dvd-r, and then burn, but I can't find anything.  Can anyone help me with a process in which to get this done?

#2 2005-12-14 01:43:50

MillTek

Re: how to copy dvd's?

have you tried k3b??

#3 2005-12-14 01:53:09

jesus franco

k3b allows you to make an iso image of it, and then just burn that iso to a dvdr, IF you want to encode this movie in a much more portable format, I would recomend AcidRip, its in community.

#4 2005-12-14 10:21:34

postlogic
Website

You should also consider NeroLinux. It works in pretty much the same way as the Windows-version, so copying a DVD should be a breeze.

#5 2005-12-14 13:32:20

Kern

On an ethical note, and with no animosity,

Yes , you can copy unprotected dvd's directly from the command line and thats as far as im going. and before you cry "so how do you know? ,
No i didnt pirate anything, its a legitimate job i did.
No im not getting overly moral about piracy, this sort of topic lays Judd and Co  wide open for investigation maybe, by the authorities should the forum be seen to condone this sort of activity.

This situation has occured before. You simply can't use the forum for discussion of illegal activities, or requests for help for it,  and expect to get anything other than trouble from the Admins.

with kind regards

kern

#6 2005-12-14 17:59:54

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

I'm going to have to side with Kern here.  While copying DVDs have legitimate purposes, such as backing up your own data, copying them to give to a friend is copyright violation.  Not to mention the fact that you've already state they are bootleg to begin with.

If you truely like the dvd you have, I recommend you purchase it.  How will another dvd of it's kind be made if everyone stole the dvd and deprived the original seller of the money he needs to make the next one?

Regardless, we can't do the whole "support of illegal activities" here.  Not only is it unethical, but it can also potentially get Arch in trouble, depending on the scope of the activities.

Locking this thread.

Board footer