You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-10 08:08:57

dumas

[SOLVED] urxvt and xterm segfault after system upgrade

Hi,

I survived system upgrade with moving the bin directories, as well as upgrading to syslinux from grub-legacy.

The only problem is urxvt and even xterm segfaults when launched? I tried renaming .XDefaults but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Just installed rxvt, which works?

Last edited by dumas (2013-06-13 12:24:49)

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
                                                                                                       - Carl Sagan, Cosmos

#2 2013-06-13 10:51:26

dumas

Re: [SOLVED] urxvt and xterm segfault after system upgrade

It's so sad to not have a proper terminal sad

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
                                                                                                       - Carl Sagan, Cosmos

#3 2013-06-13 11:39:45

Trilby
Forum Moderator
Website

strace could be handy.

InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

#4 2013-06-13 12:07:42

dumas

Thanks, didn't know strace before.

strace showed some libs weren't compatible, which I related to this thread

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 0#p1285990

Sure enough, while the newest rxvt-unicode package is 9.18-5, I was synced to 9.18-3.

Manually downloading the newest package and installing worked.

But back to the question: what is wrong with my package management?

- Carl Sagan, Cosmos

#5 2013-06-13 12:16:21

Trilby
Forum Moderator
Website

9.18-5 is the current version in the repos.  Either you are using pacman incorrectly, or you have an out of date mirror.  Try `pacman -Syyu` to see if you get updates, if not, edit your mirror list and chose better mirrors, reflector is a good tool to help with this.

EDIT: 9.18-5 has been in the repos since well before the bin move.  So it would seem you did not successfully manage that update.

Last edited by Trilby (2013-06-13 12:17:44)

InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

#6 2013-06-13 12:24:33

dumas

Thanks for the quick response, but as I said in the other post, something is not right with my syncing.

I'll mark this thread as solved, the other thread still has problem.

- Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Board footer