You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-11 23:30:37

WolleTD

X-Server Lid Switch driver missing?

Hello folks,

I can't configure my lid switch action with gnome:

According to lsof, X is listening to /dev/input/event1 (Power Button) and /dev/input/event2 (Sleep Button) but not to /dev/input/event3 (Lid switch).

Xorg.0.log says:
config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event3)
No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
This device may have been added with another device file.

How do I get my Lid Switch to work with X and Gnome?

Thanks,
Wolle

#2 2013-06-12 00:57:19

WonderWoofy

Re: X-Server Lid Switch driver missing?

If your lid switch is ot working, that has nothing to do with it, as my system tells me the same thing and my lid switch works just fine.  Do you get events when you close/open your system with "acpi_listen" running or with "udevadm monitor"?  If you do, then something is improperly configured somewhere.

BTW, what kind of hardware do you have?  There are some machines that I have heard of lately that have an issue where the lid switch works, but does not trigger an event for quite some time (like 10-30s).

#3 2013-06-12 09:57:25

WolleTD

I'm on a Dell XPS 15...
Yes, I get events on closing/opening, but for some reason they are not forwarded to X-Server, where I think they should go when using gnome power settings...
The thing is, it's working with acpid and systemd, but not with gnome, and that's what I want...

#4 2013-06-12 12:12:25

WolleTD

Okay, I did some further research:

When setting logind.conf to nothing, I can close the lid without anything happening, according to the log, logind was setting the system to sleep.
When closing the lid now, acpi_listen triggers the close event, so everything works fine.

Due to I can't get the gnome power settings to work with the lid, I now decided managing every acpi event with acpid and setting all power settings in dconf to "nothing".

Only thing is "xset dpms force off" in the handler.sh won't turn the screen off... When running from console manually, everything works fine...

Edit: Got it, /etc/acpi/actions/lm_lid.sh checked for running laptop-mode and eventually stopped the acpid handling of the event... Disabling that check made it work...

Last edited by WolleTD (2013-06-12 12:22:45)

Board footer