You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-14 13:38:53

epinephrine

Google online account (GOA) with two-step verification

Hi,

I (still or again?) cannot add my google account, which is secured with 2-step verification, to the Gnome Online Accounts. See this thread for a prior discussion which also links to a workaround fix for the problem. It is just an ugly workaround though.

Just to be complete, a short description of what is failing here:

1. Go to Gnome Online Accounts and add a Google account

2. A nice Google interface appears, you can type in User and Password (no application specific, the proper password. Giving an application specific password returns an error)

3. As expected, you get asked for the 2-step authentication key from your Google Authenticator

4. It works fine, a list of resources, Gnome would like to get access to, appears and you can choose Give Access ("Zugriff zulassen" in German, see attached screenshot). At this point it looks very obvious that the login procedure works, because you see your Google+ Avatar in the upper right corner. Here's a screenshot of this dialogue (scrolled down)

5. After you give access, the dialogue closes, and gnome settings immediately tells you, that the "Credentials have expired." and that you should "Sign in to enable this account.". I tried this five times now...

#2 2013-06-15 05:38:25

hadrons123

Re: Google online account (GOA) with two-step verification

LENOVO Y 580 IVYBRIDGE 660M NVIDIA
Unix is user-friendly. It just isn't promiscuous about which users it's friendly with. - Steven King

#3 2013-06-19 00:25:05

epinephrine

This is the same dirty workaround that I mentioned in the beginning... But I would like to solve the problem wink This post is rather meant as a bug report, the official Gnome bug report seems not to be taken too seriously... I mean, the bug report you posted is a month old and no one cares.

#4 2014-08-06 06:34:23

hashken

The workaround suggests that there will be a 'password' filed in the dictionary.

In my case, there is no such field, there are only a bunch *_token fields. What to do in this case?

Board footer