You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-17 01:47:03

sheng
Member
Registered: 2009-02-19
Posts: 28

About Cocos2D-X package

Cocos2D-X is popular, why not add a cocos2dx package to Archlinux Packages.

Expect!!!

Offline

#2 2013-06-17 07:14:41

jakobcreutzfeldt
Member
Registered: 2011-05-12
Posts: 1,031

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

It's in the AUR.

Edit: Cocos2D is in the AUR. I don't know if Cocos2D-X is different. If it is, add it to the AUR.

Last edited by jakobcreutzfeldt (2013-06-17 07:15:18)

Offline

#3 2013-06-17 10:05:04

sheng
Member
Registered: 2009-02-19
Posts: 28

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

It's in the AUR.

Edit: Cocos2D is in the AUR. I don't know if Cocos2D-X is different. If it is, add it to the AUR.

Cocos2D-X is different to Cocos2D.

Cocos2D is written by Python, and Cocos2D-X is written by  C++.

Offline

#4 2013-06-17 12:58:46

drcouzelis
Member
From: Connecticut, USA
Registered: 2009-11-09
Posts: 3,411
Website

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

Sometimes I use Cocos2D, but I didn't know about Cocos2D-X. I want to learn more about it. smile

Cocos2D-X isn't in the Arch Linux repositories or in the AUR. Anyone can make a PKGBUILD file for Cocos2D-X and submit it to the AUR, even you! wink

Where is the link to download the Cocos2D-X library?

Offline

#5 2013-06-17 15:00:30

fsckd
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2009-06-15
Posts: 3,498

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

This is a PKGBUILD request. Moving from Applications & Desktop Environments to AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests.


aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

Online

#6 2013-06-18 05:07:45

sheng
Member
Registered: 2009-02-19
Posts: 28

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

drcouzelis wrote:

Sometimes I use Cocos2D, but I didn't know about Cocos2D-X. I want to learn more about it. smile

Cocos2D-X isn't in the Arch Linux repositories or in the AUR. Anyone can make a PKGBUILD file for Cocos2D-X and submit it to the AUR, even you! wink

Where is the link to download the Cocos2D-X library?

You can download Cocos2D-X from this link:

http://cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/Download

Offline

#7 2013-06-18 11:18:35

Trilby
Forum Moderator
From: Massachusetts, USA
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 13,388
Website

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

With that download link, a PKGBUILD would be trivial to make.  But this will not build on arch as is.  Either you'd need to have an older version of glfw (from aur) or wait for cocos2dx to be updated for glfw3 - or you could try patching it yourself.  It doesn't seem like there'd be too many changes needed, but there will be a few.

The one challenge of using a cutting edge distro - lots of tools are made to compile against older libs.

EDIT: for clarification this is no criticism of cocos2dx.  The flgw update was just 4 days ago.  We just happened to get it in our repos about 3.9 days ago.  One could hope if cocos2dx is in active development, the changes may arrive there shortly.  On the flip side, if most of their users are not even seeing the gflw update until the next major release of their OS, then the cocos team may not prioritize this revision.  Given there "install-deps.sh" script for "linux", they seem to be targetting Debian based distros quiet specifically.

Last edited by Trilby (2013-06-18 11:33:32)


InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

Offline

#8 2013-06-19 01:30:14

sheng
Member
Registered: 2009-02-19
Posts: 28

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

Trilby wrote:

With that download link, a PKGBUILD would be trivial to make.  But this will not build on arch as is.  Either you'd need to have an older version of glfw (from aur) or wait for cocos2dx to be updated for glfw3 - or you could try patching it yourself.  It doesn't seem like there'd be too many changes needed, but there will be a few.

The one challenge of using a cutting edge distro - lots of tools are made to compile against older libs.

EDIT: for clarification this is no criticism of cocos2dx.  The flgw update was just 4 days ago.  We just happened to get it in our repos about 3.9 days ago.  One could hope if cocos2dx is in active development, the changes may arrive there shortly.  On the flip side, if most of their users are not even seeing the gflw update until the next major release of their OS, then the cocos team may not prioritize this revision.  Given there "install-deps.sh" script for "linux", they seem to be targetting Debian based distros quiet specifically.

You are right!

I just can not found "GL/glfw.h" header when I compile the cocos2dx source.

And the shell script only support Ubuntu.

Offline

#9 2013-06-19 02:08:51

Trilby
Forum Moderator
From: Massachusetts, USA
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 13,388
Website

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

There is no glfw.h, it's now glfw3.h.  That is a *very* easy fix, but some of the functions have changed too, and they'd need to be updated.


InterrobangSlider
• How's my coding? See this page.
• How's my moderating? Feel free to email any concerns, complaints, or objections.

Offline

#10 2013-08-31 12:12:00

travnick
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2011-04-24
Posts: 59

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

Don't know about runtime compatibility glfw2 <> glfw3, but with glfw package you have only change -lglfw to -lglfw2
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/glfw2/

---- edit:

Please check out my PKGBULD.

Last edited by travnick (2013-08-31 14:14:22)

Offline

#11 2013-09-06 05:35:41

jedwardh
Member
Registered: 2013-09-06
Posts: 1

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

travnick, thanks for the awesome PKGBUILD. It would be great to see this in AUR.

I'm guessing it needs modifying first, though, because currently it seems to only install the libraries.

Great to be able to install this through a package manager, though, much appreciated.

Offline

#12 2013-09-08 09:50:16

travnick
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2011-04-24
Posts: 59

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

yeah, it have to be modified to install all headers ...
cocos2d-x seem to be a little messed up about separating public headers and sources ...

Offline

#13 2013-09-14 13:12:13

archan.paul
Member
Registered: 2011-05-18
Posts: 3

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

travnick, good work. I have submitted it to AUR : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cocos2d-x-2/ such that travnick's work won't get lost. Please let me know if you want to own this package @ AUR.

Offline

#14 2013-09-14 19:35:32

travnick
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2011-04-24
Posts: 59

Re: About Cocos2D-X package

It may work for runtime, but it's not working yet for compiling ... If I had some time I'll fix that. But feel free to fix it on your own and send update to aur.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB