You are not logged in.

#351 2013-06-17 23:09:10

cfr

Re: infinality-bundle: good looking fonts made (even) easier

To the best of my knowledge, I'm not caching dns. And I assume I would know.

Should we add SigLevel = Required to the entries for your repos, bohoomil?

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#352 2013-06-17 23:12:15

cecar

No i don't use any DNS cashing. I don't get any pingresponse either.

PING bohoomil.cu.cc (209.190.85.251) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- bohoomil.cu.cc ping statistics ---
34 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 32999ms

Is the IP  209.190.85.251 correct?

#353 2013-06-17 23:12:44

WonderWoofy

I think you should omit the SigLevel line entirely from the configuration, as the new way is that you set a global level in the main part of pacman.conf which applies to all others unless that line is included in the specific repo section (that is between the [repo-name] and Server = http://path/to/server/$arch).  So the defaults actually are quite fitting for bohoomil's signed repo, as long as yu have added his key with pacman-key.

#354 2013-06-17 23:18:56

cfr

I don't currently have a SigLevel line as the repos matched the default but my default is Required DatabaseOptional. Hence the question.

@bohoomil,
I think you might want to add a conflicts to the new font packages for ttf-google-webfonts-git, at least. I already have those fonts installed through that AUR package, for example.

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#355 2013-06-18 00:03:06

WonderWoofy

@cfr, okay I see what you are saying now. 

@bohoomil, I don't know if you have any to add, but I would enjoy seeing some monospaced fonts in the [infinality-bundle-any] repo.

#356 2013-06-18 01:43:52

bohoomil
Website

cfr, just like you, I have no SigLevel in my pacman.conf, only global settings:

SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional TrustedOnly

As I have already stated, I can create any number of random repos and they are immediately available for pacman, and now when db files are also signed, you should receive no error whatsoever.

cecar, no, this is the old server. I guess you may have to wait for the new DNS settings to settle down.

As for the fonts: conflicts array will be added (I searched the AUR for this particular one but didn't think of a multifont package including it). Mono fonts will be available as soon as I find any that may be new to you. At the moment, there is a fresh release of Envy Coder R waiting for you (it can't be redistributed, so you may want to download it from the author's website). Enjoy! wink

:: Registered Linux User No. 223384

:: github
:: infinality-bundle+fonts: good looking fonts made easy

#357 2013-06-18 03:03:35

WonderWoofy

Neat, I like that Envy Code R font.  I made a pkgbuild for it, and it is quite nice.  Thanks!

#358 2013-06-18 11:00:38

nierro

infinality-bundle               3,9 KiB  19,4K/s 00:00 [------------------------------] 100%
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/infinality-bundle.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/infinality-bundle.db: Unrecognized archive format

What does this mean? I've read previous posts, nobody had this error. I already tried to clean /var/lib/pacman/sync/infinality-bundle.db.

#359 2013-06-18 11:10:45

flipper T

The repo url's have changed. You will need to change your pacman .conf to match.

The arch wiki for this now reads :

To use the repository, add

[infinality-bundle]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://bohoomil.cu.cc/infinality-bundle/$arch

to your /etc/pacman.conf.

If you want to have access to multilib versions, add the following, too:

[infinality-bundle-multilib]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://bohoomil.cu.cc/infinality-bundle-multilib/$arch

Import and sign the key:

# pacman-key -r 962DDE58
# pacman-key --lsign-key 962DDE58

Refresh your repositories:

pacman -Syu

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car. -The Wolf

#360 2013-06-18 11:15:50

nierro

Nope, same error as above...

#361 2013-06-18 11:20:08

Perfect Gentleman

error: GPGME error: No data
error: failed to update infinality-bundle-multilib (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'infinality-bundle' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'infinality-bundle-multilib' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Then did as wiki says

error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/infinality-bundle-multilib.db: Unrecognized archive format

Last edited by Perfect Gentleman (2013-06-18 11:32:55)

#362 2013-06-18 14:26:17

nierro

It seems fixed now, at least for me. Thanks!

#363 2013-06-18 14:39:18

Perfect Gentleman

my mistake. oops

Last edited by Perfect Gentleman (2013-06-18 16:04:24)

#364 2013-06-19 00:20:15

epinephrine

Hi,

I use the infinality-bundle by bohoomil. Before that I used some older infinality setup. Both deliver bad results, almost all letters have rainbows floating around them hmm Since most users don't have problems, I must have messed up the configuration somewhere else. After installing the infinality-bundle, I didn't change any configs. I hoped this would overwrite some bad stuff, but it didn't. I don't know if this is of any significance, but I have also installed to google-fonts-git package from the AUR. Are there any Gnome settings/configurations that I could reset to get to a clean font config state? I'm afraid I changed some font settings here and there with the gnome tweak tool, could this be a problem? Anyway, here is a screenshot from the Android-Studio IDE showing the title of an opened source file: AudioService.java Especially when you zoom in, you see that something is really going wrong... If you need any further information, please ask smile

Thanks

Last edited by epinephrine (2013-06-19 10:55:47)

#365 2013-06-19 00:25:04

karol
Archivist

Why did you link to that old post?

The rainbow may be RGB subpixel AA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpixel_rendering

Last edited by karol (2013-06-19 00:35:43)

#366 2013-06-19 04:40:35

bohoomil
Website

Try this settings (comment out corresponding entries in infinality-settings.sh and paste in the following):

export INFINALITY_FT_FILTER_PARAMS="06 25 44 25 06" #infinality default
export INFINALITY_FT_GRAYSCALE_FILTER_STRENGTH="50"
export INFINALITY_FT_GAMMA_CORRECTION="15 110"

Edit: I'm just testing this settings with patched freetype2 2.5.0 and as far as I can tell, the 'rainbow' effect (among other things) is gone altogether (I found a Java application that let me reproduce it). I will do my best to prepare new packages ASAP.

Last edited by bohoomil (2013-06-19 20:31:20)

#367 2013-06-19 16:13:29

drog
Website

Hi,

I have installed this package and every looks better but wine and office 2007 looks worse.
Link image : http://i.imgur.com/bjDpme4.png
I have installed all package of repo included the multilib package.
I have kde 4.10.4 x86_64

#368 2013-06-19 19:49:16

bohoomil
Website

Thank you for your feedback. When you run winecfg, does it look anything like this: click? If so, this can be a problem of a particular application(s) only. Do you have fonts MS Office is supposed to use installed in '$HOME/.wine/driver_c/windows/Fonts'?

#369 2013-06-19 22:38:39

bohoomil
Website

I dare to bump the thread since I believe I have good news for you.

Today a new version of freetype2 has been released. Since I was trying to resolve an issue reported yesterday as well as fix a few more I have been struggling with recently, I decided to try and tailor the existing patches so that I could quickly apply them to 2.5.0. I have created new infinality-settings.sh and am currently fine tunning fontconfig settings to eliminate minor glitches. Here are the results: click and click (enlarge both, please). Personally, I'm more than happy with this and I hope that at least a few of you will find this release of infinality-bundle a milestone. smile

In a few days time I will upload to my Dropbox binaries for testing. As always. your comments, feedback and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

#370 2013-06-19 23:05:02

cfr

Look really nice! Thanks again for all your hard work on this.

#371 2013-06-19 23:56:52

drog
Website

bohoomil wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. When you run winecfg, does it look anything like this: click? If so, this can be a problem of a particular application(s) only. Do you have fonts MS Office is supposed to use installed in '$HOME/.wine/driver_c/windows/Fonts'?

nope looks worse  http://i.imgur.com/bIeuwnM.png
and i have al fonts available in winetricks.

ALGER.TTF     CALIBRII.TTF  DroidSans-Bold.ttf             LiberationMono-Bold.ttf         TakaoExMincho.ttf
ANTQUABI.TTF  CALIBRI.TTF   FREESCPT.TTF                   LiberationMono-Italic.ttf       TakaoGothic.ttf
ANTQUAB.TTF   CALIBRIZ.TTF  FTLTLT.TTF                     LiberationMono-Regular.ttf      TakaoMincho.ttf
ANTQUAI.TTF   CALIFB.TTF    GARABD.TTF                     LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf   TakaoPGothic.ttf
Arialbd.TTF   CALIFI.TTF    GARAIT.TTF                     LiberationSans-Bold.ttf         TakaoPMincho.ttf
ArialBd.ttf   CALIFR.TTF    GARA.TTF                       LiberationSans-Italic.ttf       TEMPSITC.TTF
Arialbi.TTF   CAMBRIAB.TTF  Georgiab.TTF                   LiberationSans-Regular.ttf      Timesbd.TTF
ArialBI.ttf   CAMBRIAI.TTF  Georgiai.TTF                   LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf  TimesBd.ttf
Ariali.TTF    CAMBRIA.TTC   Georgia.TTF                    LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf        Timesbi.TTF
ArialI.ttf    CAMBRIAZ.TTF  Georgiaz.TTF                   LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf      TimesBI.ttf
ARIALNBI.TTF  CANDARAB.TTF  GOTHICBI.TTF                   LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf     Timesi.TTF
ARIALNB.TTF   CANDARAI.TTF  GOTHICB.TTF                    lucon.ttf                       TimesI.ttf
ARIALNI.TTF   CANDARA.TTF   GOTHICI.TTF                    MAGNETOB.TTF                    Times.ttf
ARIALN.TTF    CANDARAZ.TTF  GOTHIC.TTF                     MATURASC.TTF                    Times.TTF
Arial.ttf     CENTAUR.TTF   gulim.ttf                      MISTRAL.TTF                     trebucbd.ttf
Arial.TTF     CENTURY.TTF   HARLOWSI.TTF                   MOD20.TTF                       Trebucbd.ttf
AriBlk.TTF    CHILLER.TTF   HARNGTON.TTF                   MSMINCHO.TTF                    trebucbi.ttf
BASKVILL.TTF  COLONNA.TTF   hline.ttf                      MTCORSVA.TTF                    trebucit.ttf
batang.ttf    Comicbd.TTF   HTOWERTI.TTF                   NIAGENG.TTF                     trebuc.ttf
BAUHS93.TTF   Comic.TTF     HTOWERT.TTF                    NIAGSOL.TTF                     Verdanab.ttf
BELLB.TTF     consolab.ttf  Impact.TTF                     OLDENGL.TTF                     Verdanab.TTF
BELLI.TTF     consolai.ttf  INFROMAN.TTF                   ONYX.TTF                        Verdanai.ttf
BELL.TTF      consola.ttf   ITCKRIST.TTF                   PARCHM.TTF                      Verdanai.TTF
BERNHC.TTF    consolaz.ttf  JOKERMAN.TTF                   PLAYBILL.TTF                    Verdana.ttf
BKANT.TTF     CONSTANB.TTF  JUICE___.TTF                   POORICH.TTF                     Verdana.TTF
BOD_PSTC.TTF  CONSTANI.TTF  KUNSTLER.TTF                   RAVIE.TTF                       Verdanaz.ttf
BOOKOSBI.TTF  CONSTAN.TTF   LATINWD.TTF                    REFSAN.TTF                      Verdanaz.TTF
BOOKOSB.TTF   CONSTANZ.TTF  LBRITEDI.TTF                   REFSPCL.TTF                     VINERITC.TTF
BOOKOSI.TTF   COOPBL.TTF    LBRITED.TTF                    SEGOEUIB.TTF                    VIVALDII.TTF
BOOKOS.TTF    CORBELB.TTF   LBRITEI.TTF                    SEGOEUII.TTF                    VLADIMIR.TTF
BRITANIC.TTF  CORBELI.TTF   LBRITE.TTF                     SEGOEUI.TTF                     Webdings.TTF
BRLNSB.TTF    CORBEL.TTF    LCALLIG.TTF                    SEGOEUIZ.TTF                    WINGDNG2.TTF
BRLNSDB.TTF   CORBELZ.TTF   LFAXDI.TTF                     SHOWG.TTF                       WINGDNG3.TTF
BRLNSR.TTF    courbd.ttf    LFAXD.TTF                      SNAP____.TTF                    wqy-microhei.ttc
BROADW.TTF    courbi.ttf    LFAXI.TTF                      STENCIL.TTF
BRUSHSCI.TTF  couri.ttf     LFAX.TTF                       tahomabd.ttf
BSSYM7.TTF    cour.ttf      LHANDW.TTF                     tahoma.ttf

and my packages installed

[drog@drog-laptop Fonts]$ pacman -Qs finality
local/cairo-infinality-ultimate 1.12.14-8 (infinality-bundle)
    Cairo vector graphics library with respect-fontconfig, expose and Ubuntu patches (infinality-bundle)
local/fontconfig-infinality-ultimate 1:2.10.92-12 (infinality-bundle)
    A library for configuring and customizing font access (includes generic fontconfig package and ultimate
    settings by bohoomil; infinality-bundle).
local/freetype2-infinality-ultimate 2.4.11-4 (infinality-bundle)
    TrueType font rendering library with Infinality patches and custom settings by bohoomil (infinality-bundle).
local/lib32-cairo-infinality-ultimate 1.12.14-6 (custom)
    Cairo vector graphics library with respect-fontconfig, expose and Ubuntu patches (32-bit, infinality-bundle)
local/lib32-fontconfig-infinality-ultimate 2.10.92-3 (infinality-bundle)
    A library for configuring and customizing font access (32-bit, infinality-bundle)
local/lib32-freetype2-infinality-ultimate 2.4.11-3 (custom)
    TrueType font rendering library with Infinality patches and custom settings by bohoomil (32-bit,
    infinality-bundle).

#372 2013-06-20 00:31:52

epinephrine

@karol: the old post was a mistake (post <-> topic bbcode tag interchanged...), fixed.
@bohoomil: I think now things are even worse sad for all fonts. my monitor is a HP ZR24w (IPS panel) but it has standard RGB sub pixel layout (checked with lagom). When you open the gnome-tweak-tool, what are your settings under "Fonts"?
Here the same screenshot with the new settings, covering a larger area:
AudioService.java
I know that a screenshot can't really fully assemble what I see on my screen, but you get the idea... something is still wrong wink

#373 2013-06-20 00:49:07

bohoomil
Website

It's more like a good, old game 'What I See Is Not What You See', to be honest… IMO the screenshot looks OK: the tab is clean, the code is legible, only the small 'm' stands out a bit… I'm not using Gnome so I don't know what exactly you can set there, but were I you I'd try and duplicate the settings found in /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-base-rendering.conf. Besides, as I already mentioned, I suggest that you check the new freetype2 release (I'll soon upload packages for testing): it seems to resolve many minor nuisances and generally makes the text look cleaner and crisper.

(BTW, ever heard of a dedicated support thread? tongue )

#374 2013-06-20 00:57:06

karol
Archivist

bohoomil wrote:

(BTW, ever heard of a dedicated support thread? tongue )

I wasn't sure if you want to direct everyone there. You can ask the moderators to merge these threads.

#375 2013-06-20 01:02:59

bohoomil
Website

It looks like the settings aren't being applied at all… Do you have a custom fonts.conf (either ~/.fonts.conf or ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf)? Any additional settings in ~/.config/fontconfig/conf.d? What settings do you have in your KDE system settings / fonts control panel? What is the output of

xrdb -q | grep Xft

?

Board footer