You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-18 01:45:14

felixculpa

[Solved] Deluge not seeding?

I tried creating a torrent in deluge, but it doesn't seem to seed despite it saying saying "Seeding" in the gtk app. I can't find any clear information on creating a torrent in deluge, but these are the steps I follow:

1. Go to "File" then "Create Torrent"
2. Leave everything empty in "Info" on the first tab, but I select the files I want in the torrent through the "Folder" button.
3. I add 3 trackers in the "Trackers" tab, not sure if the "tier" matters or  not.
4. I leave the "Webseeds" tab empty, as I'm not sure what that is.
5. In the "Options" tab I select "Add to session."
6. Select "Save" and create the .torrent file in my Downloads folder.

Deluge then goes through the "check" and says "Seeding" when done. I upload the .torrent file to Piratebay but despite having some leechers, it says 0 seeds on the site. It has been up for over 2 hours and there has been no seeding whatsoever.

Edit: Turns out the "use random port" option is the default and I had to change that to 58846 as in the wiki. Also I had to go under options for the specific torrent and make sure the download location and the the "move to when completed" sections pointed to the same location. Then I restarted the deluged daemon and it works fine.

Last edited by felixculpa (2013-07-02 04:40:03)

#2 2013-06-18 11:28:30

GloW_on_dub

Re: [Solved] Deluge not seeding?

I had no problem to create torrent this way.
Which tracker did you use?

#3 2013-06-18 23:18:49

felixculpa

I'm using three trackers: publicbittorrent (udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce), openbittorrent (udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce) and the new Demonii one (udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce).

When I check the "Options" with the torrent selected it has the "Move completed" section set to my Download folder instead of where the actual torrent data is. I suspect this might have something to do with it, I opened the .torrent file with Transmission and set the data to where the actual location is and it seems to be seeding fine.

#4 2013-06-19 02:14:46

GloW_on_dub

Yep, it looks like you have opened your torrent directly, not with the "Add to session" box. strange.

Can you try it again ?

Last edited by GloW_on_dub (2013-06-19 02:24:35)

Board footer