I tried creating a torrent in deluge, but it doesn't seem to seed despite it saying saying "Seeding" in the gtk app. I can't find any clear information on creating a torrent in deluge, but these are the steps I follow:
1. Go to "File" then "Create Torrent"
2. Leave everything empty in "Info" on the first tab, but I select the files I want in the torrent through the "Folder" button.
3. I add 3 trackers in the "Trackers" tab, not sure if the "tier" matters or not.
4. I leave the "Webseeds" tab empty, as I'm not sure what that is.
5. In the "Options" tab I select "Add to session."
6. Select "Save" and create the .torrent file in my Downloads folder.
Deluge then goes through the "check" and says "Seeding" when done. I upload the .torrent file to Piratebay but despite having some leechers, it says 0 seeds on the site. It has been up for over 2 hours and there has been no seeding whatsoever.
Edit: Turns out the "use random port" option is the default and I had to change that to 58846 as in the wiki. Also I had to go under options for the specific torrent and make sure the download location and the the "move to when completed" sections pointed to the same location. Then I restarted the deluged daemon and it works fine.
Last edited by felixculpa (2013-07-02 04:40:03)
I had no problem to create torrent this way.
Which tracker did you use?
I'm using three trackers: publicbittorrent (udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce), openbittorrent (udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce) and the new Demonii one (udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce).
When I check the "Options" with the torrent selected it has the "Move completed" section set to my Download folder instead of where the actual torrent data is. I suspect this might have something to do with it, I opened the .torrent file with Transmission and set the data to where the actual location is and it seems to be seeding fine.
Yep, it looks like you have opened your torrent directly, not with the "Add to session" box. strange.
Can you try it again ?
Last edited by GloW_on_dub (2013-06-19 02:24:35)