You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-22 10:03:36

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

ls++ does not work

when i install ls++ in AUR form yaourt it's work but, whenever i try ls++ command on XFCE terminal again not working sad

this the error sad

Can't locate Term/ExtendedColor.pm:   Permission denied at /usr/bin/vendor_perl//ls++ line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/vendor_perl//ls++ line 10.

Offline

#2 2013-06-22 10:13:33

jasonwryan
Forum & Wiki Admin
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 18,552
Website

Re: ls++ does not work

Moving to AUR Issues...


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2013-06-22 10:29:34

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,427

Re: ls++ does not work

Works fine here.
Have you installed https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/perl … ndedcolor/ ?

Offline

#4 2013-06-22 10:33:26

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: ls++ does not work

jasonwryan wrote:

Moving to AUR Issues...

how to ' Moving to AUR Issues... ', sorry i'am new here smile

karol wrote:

Works fine here.
Have you installed https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/perl … ndedcolor/ ?

yes of course

Offline

#5 2013-06-22 10:40:11

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,427

Re: ls++ does not work

No idea why you have 2 slashed:

/usr/bin/vendor_perl//ls++

Does it work in other terminals?
Did you relogin after installing?
Is your system up to date?

Offline

#6 2013-06-22 10:57:16

Earnestly
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Posts: 804

Re: ls++ does not work

More than two slashes are always truncated to one internally:

ls -l /////////bin///bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 721K Jun  1 01:10 /////////bin///bash*

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions … rname-file

I love all these little nuances in the history of UNIX ♥

Last edited by Earnestly (2013-06-22 12:46:12)

Offline

#7 2013-06-22 11:48:43

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: ls++ does not work

karol wrote:

No idea why you have 2 slashed:

/usr/bin/vendor_perl//ls++

Does it work in other terminals?
Did you relogin after installing?
Is your system up to date?

not work in other terminal
yes
yes

Kaustic wrote:

More than two slashes are always truncated to one internally:

ls -l /////////////bin////bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 721K Jun  1 01:10 /////////bin///bash*

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions … rname-file

I love all these little historical nuances in the history of UNIX ♥

so I had to follow the link above?

Offline

#8 2013-06-22 12:40:48

Earnestly
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Posts: 804

Re: ls++ does not work

sotokoya wrote:

so I had to follow the link above?

No, it was an unrelated digression. That said, '//' is considered implementation defined.

PS: My suggestion is to stop using silly ls wrappers entirely.

Last edited by Earnestly (2013-06-22 12:50:00)

Offline

#9 2013-06-22 13:09:21

sotokoya
Member
Registered: 2013-06-22
Posts: 8

Re: ls++ does not work

Kaustic wrote:
sotokoya wrote:

so I had to follow the link above?

No, it was an unrelated digression. That said, '//' is considered implementation defined.

PS: My suggestion is to stop using silly ls wrappers entirely.

oh ok, so i choose default ls?

thanks for help sir smile

Offline

#10 2013-06-23 00:14:26

progandy
Member
Registered: 2012-05-17
Posts: 2,146

Re: ls++ does not work

If you want color, then set an alias ls to 'ls --color=auto'

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB