You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-09 09:02:04

Greycloack

aoss and skype : can hear rings can't hear talk

Hi, I'm trying to use aoss with skype like suggested on the skype forum, so I can have software mixing.

I have dmix enabled and working and aoss works great with realplayer.

When I run "aoss skype" it does ring if someone calls me and I do hear the 'click' when I hang up but I can't hear anyone talking and they can't hear me talking. I tested it both with a friend and with echo123.

I'm using snd_intel8x0 model and using all the current packages.
And I'm using the regular arch setup, no costum .asoundrc or something.

Does anyone know a solution for this or have similar problems?

Thank you,
Grey

#2 2005-12-18 12:27:02

depi
Website

Re: aoss and skype : can hear rings can't hear talk

Greycloack wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to use aoss with skype like suggested on the skype forum, so I can have software mixing.

I have dmix enabled and working and aoss works great with realplayer.

When I run "aoss skype" it does ring if someone calls me and I do hear the 'click' when I hang up but I can't hear anyone talking and they can't hear me talking. I tested it both with a friend and with echo123.

I'm using snd_intel8x0 model and using all the current packages.
And I'm using the regular arch setup, no costum .asoundrc or something.

Does anyone know a solution for this or have similar problems?

Thank you,
Grey

I have the same problem too sad

#3 2005-12-18 16:09:47

ise
Developer
Website

The same here, i use a USB headset from Logitech. It seems there are some problems with the new kernel and initrd. Since that it doesn't work anymore.

I can't hear anyone, but the others can hear me.... (no, nothing is mute smile )

My USB headset is the second soundcard in my computer. The first internal soundcard works fine.

#4 2006-01-01 15:13:25

lumiwa

ise wrote:

The same here, i use a USB headset from Logitech. It seems there are some problems with the new kernel and initrd. Since that it doesn't work anymore.

I can't hear anyone, but the others can hear me.... (no, nothing is mute smile )

My USB headset is the second soundcard in my computer. The first internal soundcard works fine.

I have the same problem (sound blaster, speakers) but if I try few times than start working - after second or third call.

#5 2006-01-01 17:39:32

arooaroo
Website

I avoided the usb headsets because I feared a problematic setup. Using a standard headset (with two jacks) things work ok (after tinkering with alsamixer to setup the mic).

Board footer