You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-28 16:13:43

Mindstormscreator

Synaptics Touchpad Tap Lag, FastTaps Option Gone

I own an Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A with a clickpad. Under the Synaptics driver, I'm trying to use tap-to-click. With the default settings, there is a very noticeable lag between when I tap and the tap is registered, which I'm sure many of you have heard of and fixed by now. Usually, I just set FastTaps to true, and everything's great. However, in the latest version of xf86-input-synaptics, FastTaps is missing. I can set "SingleTapTimeout" to 0, which does make tapping instant, but then the tap-and-drag gesture is impossible (tapping twice and dragging on the second one). Is there some way to set equivalent functionality to FastTaps in the latest Synaptics?

#2 2013-06-29 07:49:13

WonderWoofy

Re: Synaptics Touchpad Tap Lag, FastTaps Option Gone

Have you thought to check the synaptics man page?

#3 2013-06-29 14:56:02

Mindstormscreator

WonderWoofy wrote:

Have you thought to check the synaptics man page?

Yes, I did check the man page previously. As far as I can tell, it merely puts "FastTaps" in a list of removed options. I would like to know how I can make single taps register instantly while still allowing for double-taps and locked drags.

#4 2013-06-29 16:25:29

WonderWoofy

Instead of just looking for the same parameter that is apparently not there, maybe you should read (or search) though the page for other settings that might help you.  I found the answer in about two seconds.

#5 2013-06-29 19:53:13

Mindstormscreator

WonderWoofy wrote:

Instead of just looking for the same parameter that is apparently not there, maybe you should read (or search) though the page for other settings that might help you.  I found the answer in about two seconds.

First off, I'd like to thank you for pushing me to figure out the problem myself and not telling me the answer; I understand that I shouldn't rely on others to solve all of my Linux problems. However, I have already done as you've told me; I have read and searched through the man page for any relevant information regarding FastTaps and taps in general; I've tried playing with various values for SingleTapTimeout, MaxDoubleTapTime, MaxTapTime, ClickTime, etc. So, I think I have good reason to believe that either the solution isn't obvious or I am really ignorant or something. I know it's probably just as, if not more, frustrating to see someone unable to fix a simple touchpad issue on the forums as it is for me trying to fix it, but could you please help me out a little?

Board footer