You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-19 02:04:23

Zanton

Alsa : no sound anymore

Hi,

here is my config : I have 2 sound cards, one Audigy 4 recognized as an Audigy 2 value and the one integrated in my motherboard. Everything was working fine since today when I got a problem : the sound from my audigy wasn't working anymore sad (maybe when I updated my system : I know there was kernel26 and mkinitrd but I use a custom kernel - anyway, I recompiled a brand new kernel and it didn't change anything ; rox, bittorrent and initscripts where upgraded too, but I don't see what can have a link with alsa) I tested it with windows and it works fine so it's a configuration problem. In fact, I see with xmms that the sound is playing but I don't have any sound as if it was mute. I checked with alsamixer and it's not mute. I also tested my second sound card and it works well. I notice something strange : I can't mute or unmute Master or PCM on my audigy with alsamixer or amixer. It works with the second sound card but not this one. Maybe something to do with this ?

edit: I just noticed that the Master canal in alsamixer is the one for Mono, I don't have anymore the "normal" Master which I can flag off/on and set the volume. I think the problem is here but I don't know how to handle it :s

#2 2005-12-19 10:09:17

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Alsa : no sound anymore

alsaconf?

#3 2005-12-19 12:58:58

Zanton

Re: Alsa : no sound anymore

Already done (a lot of times wink ).
I also compiled a new kernel, checked all the modules, etc. all was fine.
So I used the /etc/asound.state from the Gentoo in multiboot and it worked. Not clean but efficient smile

Board footer