You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-19 13:16:13

Cam
Website

easytag question

Today I tried going through my MP3 collection to fix stuff like Prodigy and The Prodigy being two diff artists and all the little things. I'm using EasyTAG but for some reason it doesn't want to do that. I've got the MP3s in a structure like this

/media/Library/Prodigy/Music For The Jilted Generation/04 - Full Throttle.mp3

..so I figure the Fill Tag scanner should do this, and in the little scanner window after I set it to get the correct info out of the path it displays %a as Prodigy but once I apply that to the file it doesn't make a difference  :?

Anyone have any ideas or alternatives I can use? A little regex would be the magic answer but EasyTAG does't seam to have that. Ideas would be awesome smile

#2 2005-12-19 13:37:19

Cam
Website

Re: easytag question

Never mind, I indulged my stupid need with a bash script and a nifty CLI id3 editor I got from extra.

#!/bin/bash
IFS='
'
DD=`pwd`
dirs () {
  ls -F $1 | grep / | sed -e 's//$//g'
}
for d in `dirs`; do
  cd "$DD/$d"
  for f in `ls *.mp3`; do id3 -12 -a $1 $f; done
done

#3 2005-12-19 15:15:43

murkus

Re: easytag question

Cam wrote:

..so I figure the Fill Tag scanner should do this, and in the little scanner window after I set it to get the correct info out of the path it displays %a as Prodigy but once I apply that to the file it doesn't make a difference  :?

After you've applied the change in tag scanner you need to save the changes (press ctrl+s). Then you can see the change. It took me some time to figure first time... :shock:

.murkus

Board footer