You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-04 04:12:58

azripah

Blank screen with proprietary nvidia drivers [SOLVED]

I've just installed arch on a new computer, and have encountered an issue- I can't get it running with the proprietary drivers, just nouveau, which is quite the handicap on a GeForce 660.

I used the beginner's guide since my last fresh install was using the arch installation framework. Everything went more or less smoothly, and I booted in to a working system- indeed, I can still boot into it just fine if I chroot in with my install media and swap back to nouveau. If I don't, I get the typical udev boot messages and all, and then it blanks out instead of going to the login prompt. It also does this if I uninstall both nvidia and nouveau drivers.

I've looked at some threads over this, and none of them seemed to apply. I've tried both current and 304 drivers, regenerated initramfs, and blacklisted nouveau.

One last bit of information that may or may not be relevant: at least one of the threads mentioned these issues being related to GRUB, while I'm booting straight from UEFI using efibootmgr- not sure if that could be related in any way.

Last edited by azripah (2013-07-04 05:29:19)

#2 2013-07-04 04:28:54

azripah

Re: Blank screen with proprietary nvidia drivers [SOLVED]

Hm, I seem to have solved it by blacklisting i915, as suggested in the talk page on nvidia drivers for UEFI users.

#3 2013-07-04 05:29:08

azripah

Re: Blank screen with proprietary nvidia drivers [SOLVED]

Yep, that seems to have done it. I can run kerbal space program and whatnot.

Board footer