You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-11 05:57:43

pbcub1

unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

Ok so; I am trying to install archlinux(TM) onto my computer, and it keeps saying this:

[NUMBER*] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
*This number increments by 1 every 3 times it says this message, and it just keeps scrolling along, about a message a half a second

Right now, I've had my computer online so long that its up at 20060.xxxxxx

Anyways! I am still able to type in commands and they work but it scrolls so fast, its really hard to see output, also, I have tryed unpluging USB devices to see if that was the issue but its not. Also this is not a distro dependent bug either because it also does this on Backtrack, however I was not worried about it on Backtrack because I could type in the command startx and I would be safe from seeing this message.

Please, I want solutions.

-David

#2 2013-07-11 12:05:04

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

pbcub1 wrote:

I was not worried about it on Backtrack because I could type in the command startx and I would be safe from seeing this message.

If that's all you need, just switch to a different tty.

Can you give a better description.  You say you are trying to install arch - are these errors in the live cd/usb enviornment?  Is anything plugged into the usb ports?

When you say the number increments by one, which number do you mean?  What is the output of lsusb?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2013-07-11 19:17:16

pbcub1

it does not affect a GUI, it only affects text based systems, that and I cant install it, because the output scrolls up so fast because of this spammed message that i cant read it. I've also tried unpluging different USB devices to see if thats it and its not. Its also a cd environment

#4 2013-07-11 19:22:54

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Sorry, there were too many pronouns in that post - I don't know what all the "it"s are referring to.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2013-07-11 19:54:04

pbcub1

message does not affect a GUI, message only affects text based systems, that and I cant install arch, because the output scrolls up so fast because of this spammed message that i cant read the installation prompts. I've also tried unpluging different USB devices to see if thats the problem and that is not the problem. The envirnment is also a cd environment.

#6 2013-07-11 20:02:36

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

ok, have you tried switching to a new tty, what is the output of lsusb there?

#7 2013-07-11 21:28:56

pbcub1

idk, I just switched to ubuntu so i can burn a dvd of fedora. Im done, I think its hardware, so ill try on my laptop maybe

Board footer