You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-15 03:35:15

TheSaint

[Solved] Avidemux-git fails to compile

I looked for a fresh update to the latest avidemux compilation. I got this while attempting to make the package:

[ 80%] Building CXX object ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/CMakeFiles/ADM_coreLibVA6.dir/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp.o
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp: In static member function ‘static VASurfaceID admLibVA::allocateSurface(int, int)’:
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp:365:89: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘VASurfaceID* {aka unsigned int*}’ [-fpermissive]
         CHECK_ERROR(vaCreateSurfaces(ADM_coreLibVA::display,w,h,VA_RT_FORMAT_YUV420,1,&s));
                                                                                         ^
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp:57:32: note: in definition of macro ‘CHECK_ERROR’
 #define CHECK_ERROR(x) {xError=x;displayXError(#x,ADM_coreLibVA::display,xError);}
                                ^
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp:365:89: error: invalid conversion from ‘VASurfaceID* {aka unsigned int*}’ to ‘unsigned int’ [-fpermissive]
         CHECK_ERROR(vaCreateSurfaces(ADM_coreLibVA::display,w,h,VA_RT_FORMAT_YUV420,1,&s));
                                                                                         ^
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp:57:32: note: in definition of macro ‘CHECK_ERROR’
 #define CHECK_ERROR(x) {xError=x;displayXError(#x,ADM_coreLibVA::display,xError);}
                                ^
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp:365:89: error: too few arguments to function ‘VAStatus vaCreateSurfaces(VADisplay, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, VASurfaceID*, unsigned int, VASurfaceAttrib*, unsigned int)’
                                                                                         ^
                                ^
In file included from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/../include/ADM_coreLibVA.h:28:0,
                 from /tmp/yaourt-tmp-myself/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp:17:
/usr/include/va/va.h:792:1: note: declared here
 vaCreateSurfaces(
 ^
make[2]: *** [ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/CMakeFiles/ADM_coreLibVA6.dir/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp.o] Errore 1
make[1]: *** [ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/CMakeFiles/ADM_coreLibVA6.dir/all] Errore 2
make: *** [all] Errore 2

I'll point this at avidemux forum, in case isn't caused by package making.

Last edited by TheSaint (2013-08-28 13:22:44)

do it good first, it will be faster than do it twice the saint wink

#2 2013-07-19 00:04:57

karol
Archivist

Re: [Solved] Avidemux-git fails to compile

Have a look at the comments: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/avidemux-2.6-git/
Seems you're not the only one.

#3 2013-07-19 14:24:15

TheSaint

I posted at avidemux forum and it seems that we have libva higher than required. The developers are using version 0.30, we have 0.34.
I'll see in that forum what they have to say.

#4 2013-08-05 22:20:52

japama

I'ved the same error.

I resolved it for the r3392 version :

• I said N for recompilation

• in the file /tmp/yaourt-tmp-$USER/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_core/ADM_coreVideoCodec/ADM_hwAccel/ADM_coreLibVA/src/ADM_coreLibVA.cpp
       i replaced

by

VASurfaceAttrib    attrib_list;
    unsigned int       num_attribs;

CHECK_ERROR(vaCreateSurfaces(ADM_coreLibVA::display,VA_RT_FORMAT_YUV420,w,h,&s,1,&attrib_list,num_attribs));
  • in the file /tmp/yaourt-tmp-christophe/aur-avidemux-2.6-git/src/avidemux/avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/libva/ADM_libvaEncoder.cpp
       i replaced

if(!vaSurface.fromAdmImage(image))

by

if(!vaSurface->fromAdmImage(image))
  • then i typed :

makepkg -e && makepkg -i

That's it!

Enjoy !!!  big_smile

Last edited by japama (2013-08-06 09:58:07)

#5 2013-08-26 22:32:40

Yamashita Ren

Hello.
I have a newer compilation error and have described it in the topic made by TheSaint on the Avidemux forum : http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/t … l#msg65149

edit : fixed in the last rev : http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/t … l#msg65153

Last edited by Yamashita Ren (2013-08-27 10:54:39)

#6 2013-08-28 13:21:35

TheSaint

Seems that got fixed, somehow. Yesterday I compiled for my laptop and my desktop.

Board footer