You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-20 10:41:16

Spec-Chum

Weird mouse issue

I've got a Razer Habu mouse which work flawlessly for the most part, all the buttons work (except as below), scroll works, DPI modify buttons work etc

But.

Sometimes when I click to open a menu it just flashes up then closes down again, selecting whatever was underneath (usually launch or close!)  It's like I'm pressing the button, releasing it then immediately pressing it again, but it works fine when, for example, dragging a window where a double click would make it go full screen - it doesn't, it just merrily drags away.  The odd thing is it doesn't do this all the time, sometimes it works as intended, indeed if I click multiple times on the same menu it will eventually stick and the menu will stay open.  Usually after 3 or 4 tries.  A workaround is to hold the mouse button down whilst selecting the menu item - this works every time.

I can confirm it works fine in Windows - even with generic drivers.

Now, to be fair it's done this on every Linux Distro I'e tried (Arch, Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora et al) and with every DE (OpenBox (current), KDE, Cinnamon and Gnome) so it's not an Arch issue per se.

I suspect it's the mouse itself doing some internal jiggery pokery, it's a gaming mouse designed for Windows (it's Microsoft branded after all!) but as Arch is bit more customisable I wondered if anyone knew of anything to try?

Thank you smile

Last edited by Spec-Chum (2013-07-20 10:43:26)

#2 2013-07-20 10:46:04

ackt1c
Banned

Re: Weird mouse issue

Zip

Last edited by ackt1c (2022-11-05 13:51:07)

#3 2013-07-20 11:11:05

Spec-Chum

Re: Weird mouse issue

Thanks ackt1c, was it the same mouse and it doesn't do it all now?

Oddly also, some themes seem to have more success than others - although that my be placebo.

To be honest I've been thinking of getting another mouse anyway as the scroll wheel on this one is temperamental nowadays, it is 5 years old now and had some counter strike hammer haha

Board footer