You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-21 23:30:20

josealb77

Logitech Driving Force GT,How limit 900º steering wheel angle to 200º?

Hi,
I've read that iRacing is going to be ported to linux soon and I've said to myself "Hey man! The time has come, I already can almost say... goooooood bye win!" So, I must be ready when that time comes.
I've got a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. It's well detected by the kernel at boot time and I can check that it's well detected with jstest-gtk (its whole 900 degrees and pedals are well detected). It's not a problem if you're going to drive a street car, in fact it's what must be since the 900º is a feature of this wheel. But when you need to drive an F1 you must limit the steering wheel angle to 200 or 270 degrees. In windows works perfectly with the logitech profiler, it's the easiest thing ever, but in linux I have no idea how to do it.

When I drive an F1 car I must turn my wheel one turn and a half to reach the side limit, while the wheel of the car in the game just turns about 3/4 of a turn. We both (me with my wheel and the wheel at the videogame) reach the side end of the range at the same time, but the wheel in the videogame just turns 3/4 of a turn while I must turn one whole turn and a half.

I've tried with LTWheelConf ($ sudo ltwheelconf --wheel DFGT --range 200), G25manage, usb-tool... but anything succeed. I've read something about that since kernel 3.2 the FFB and wheels control is built into the kernel modules so these tools are not working anymore or something like that. But, if that's true, how do we do those things that these program did now?

About Force Feed Back, it just works in Live for Speed (although not as good as in windows) while in rFactor, GTR 2, GTR Evolution, TORCS, VDrift and Speed Dreams does not work at all. But I think this needs other topic.

How can I limit the steering angle to my desired degrees?

#2 2013-07-22 08:52:55

josealb77

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT,How limit 900º steering wheel angle to 200º?

May I continue this thread in the kernel & hardware forum because I've realize that the wheel isn't detected with the 900 grades and full range pedals at boot time, I have to run  ltwheelconf --wheel DFGT --nativemode. So it is more a device configuration than a software use of it.

Board footer