You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-30 07:59:17

elvensong

Touchegg doesn't work on HP Probook 4540s

So, whilst I'm finding the solution for touchpad LED on my laptop (which I've not found out yet), I found another brilliant thing: multitouch with Touchegg. I got really excited and wanna try out these features but still I cannot make touchegg work on my machine. So I here I am, jumping on the forum to ask if anyone happens to meet the similar problem and happens to know its solution big_smile

I tested the functionality of my touchpad and the hardware supports so I think the problem lies in the hardware:
$ xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" | grep Capabilities
     Synaptics Capabilities (312):    1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

About driver I use the one in AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xf86 … s-mtpatch/

My  xorg.conf:
Section "InputClass"
       Identifier "touchpad catchall"
       Driver "Synaptics"
       MatchIsTouchpad "on"
       MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

If I change driver to "evdev", my touchpad can't be used at all so I use Synaptics driver and disable all Two And Three Fingers Tap and Scrolling Option in xorg.conf file. This way my touchpad can move and tap but touchegg functions do not work.

tl dr: my laptop model is Probook 4540s, touchpad is SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad and it does not work with Touchegg. Any suggestion ? Thanks in advance big_smile

Last edited by elvensong (2013-07-30 08:10:56)

Board footer