i have a problem with my sound. it's kinda weird. when i watch a movie with
mplayer i get frequently this error:
[AO_ALSA] Write error: Broken pipe [AO_ALSA] Trying to reset soundcard.
in this case it was a .mp4-file. the music frequently pauses (because of the error) until mplayer
crashes after ~20min. the strange thing is that its happening with my
onboard-chip and my external soundcard (NI Audio 2) and alsamixer shows Pulseaudio and if i switch the devices to HDA Intel w/ Conexant ID 5051 up .
my hardware ($ lspci -k):
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03) Subsystem: Lenovo Device 20f2 Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
lenovo x200 w/ archlinux 64 w/ herbstluftwm (no DE that does magic and stuff) and optionally a Native Instruments Audio2(driver compiled in kernel since 2.6.?).
my sound related packages:
flexo at scruffy in ~ $ yaourt -Q | grep alsa extra/alsa-firmware 1.0.27-2 extra/alsa-lib 188.8.131.52-1 extra/alsa-oss 1.0.25-1 extra/alsa-plugins 1.0.27-1 extra/alsa-tools 1.0.27-4 extra/alsa-utils 184.108.40.206-1 extra/pulseaudio-alsa 2-2 flexo at scruffy in ~ $ yaourt -Q | grep pulse extra/libcanberra-pulse 0.30-4 extra/libpulse 4.0-2 extra/pulseaudio 4.0-2 extra/pulseaudio-alsa 2-2 flexo at scruffy in ~ $ yaourt -Q | grep pavu extra/pavucontrol 2.0-1
my sound related loaded modules:
flexo at scruffy in ~ $ lsmod | grep snd snd_hda_intel 35341 3 snd_hda_codec 146194 1 snd_hda_intel snd_hwdep 6300 1 snd_hda_codec snd_pcm 76357 2 snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel snd_page_alloc 7202 2 snd_pcm,snd_hda_intel snd_timer 18526 1 snd_pcm snd 58790 12 snd_hwdep,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel,thinkpad_acpi soundcore 5418 1 snd
the things is tried(similar to thread https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=136565) with no luck:
$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf options snd-hda-intel model=generic position_fix=1 power_save=0 power_save_controller=Y
with model=thinkapd and laptop, w/ and w/o powersave and position fix and slots. I didn't tried to deinstall pulseaudio because of the comfort it serves with more than one soundcard.
EDIT: forgot to mention that it appears with linux-ck (repo-ck) and linux (stock ARCH kernel). i didn't use an custom /etc/asound.conf or pulse confs.
EDIT: seems that i solved the problem by reinstalling complete alsa/pulseaudio/audio/mplayer/codecs, removing all cookies and cache-files and add to $HOME/.mplayer/conf
Last edited by flexo3001 (2013-08-02 16:39:08)
Fight war not wars, destroy power not people!