You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-01 01:46:18

techwiz

[Solved] Fumbling with Bumblebee

Welp... my Bumblebee chain just exploded for no apparent reason and I have no idea why. I tried to find the cause and saw that nouveau was listed via lsmod which doesn't make sense since I don't have (and never had) any nouveau packages installed. So my first attempt at fixing the issue was to try and re-install the chain and found myself against a wall here.

The Arch wiki says to install intel-dri and nvidia but I can't because they're in conflict over libgl (intel-dri requires mesa-libgl and nvidia it's own).

Before I had an nvidia-bumblebee-utils package that took care of all the dependencies but now I can't seem to find it in the repos or in AUR. It's been a while since I touched Bumblebee because it likes to do... well basically this every time you stroke it the wrong way.

Any help would be appreciated

<rant>
The bumblebee project pisses me off because this happens to me all the time and I always need to jump through hoops to make it work again. Isn't there a better way to handle this? The guys over at the Ubuntu forums don't seem to have nearly as many problems with bumblebee as we do. What gives? I can't tell if the documentation is poor or out of date and searching for the errors bumblebee emits is like putting hex error codes into Google and praying...

Also, can we petition to get native support from nVidia or something? I just want to be able to play Minecraft with out this darn thing exploding arbitrarily from time to time!
</rant>

Last edited by techwiz (2013-08-03 17:42:16)

#2 2013-08-03 17:41:51

techwiz

Re: [Solved] Fumbling with Bumblebee

Fixed the issue. Looks like the bumblebee-git package from AUR no longer mitigates the libgl conflict.

Board footer