You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-19 13:15:05

Elvar

Danish mac keyboard layout.

Hallow guys.

I'm currently trying out Arch Linux on my Macbook Pro Retina, in a Virtual Box. But i stumbled across a problem with my keyboard.
The first thing i do when i boot, is "loadkeys dk" which gives me the the Danish layout. While this may work out of the box, i am struggling with special chars like $ ı @, which nowhere to be found, as command + ctrl doesn't give me "Alt gr".
So i thought "Let me enable the mac layout" so i did a "loadkeys /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/mac/all/mac-dk-latin1.map.gz". This totally breaks my keyboard, suddenly backspace give me a "e", enter is "8".  I also tried the mac-qwerty which also break the layout.

Is there a way to solve this? Or do i really need windows keyboard? smile

Bonus question -> Is the Thunderbolt Display, compatible with native installation of Arch Linux?

Thank you.

Best regards
Elvar

Last edited by Elvar (2013-01-19 13:20:38)

#2 2013-06-27 19:40:08

valvet

Re: Danish mac keyboard layout.

Same here.. keys all screwed up when loading mac-dk-latin1

#3 2013-08-13 00:13:13

octagonal

valvet wrote:

Sorry to bump the thread but did you end up finding a solution for this? I'm currently experiencing the same issue, with the only difference being I'm using a Belgian mac keyboard.

#4 2013-08-13 08:42:42

valvet

octagonal wrote:
valvet wrote:

Sorry to bump the thread but did you end up finding a solution for this? I'm currently experiencing the same issue, with the only difference being I'm using a Belgian mac keyboard.

No solution here still.. shame.

Board footer