You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-19 09:59:11

tripple

[Solved] Help with conversion to systemd on remote server

Hi everyone big_smile,
I've been trying to convert my server from initscripts to systemd using this wiki section: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … nitscripts
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm missing something. After a reboot, the server (according to my provider) requests login on-screen, yet will not connect to the network (does not respond to pings)

This is my current DAEMONS array from rc.conf

DAEMONS=(net-profiles crond)

This is my previous array (from rc.conf.pacsave)

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng sshd net-profiles crond named)

I've added syslog-ng, sshd, and named using "systemctl enable .......service"

net-profiles.service also seems to be acting strangely, so I've included it in the daemons array

~$ ls /usr/lib/systemd/system/ | grep net-profiles
net-profiles.service
~$ systemctl enable $(ls /usr/lib/systemd/system/ | grep net-profiles)
Operation failed: No such file or directory

Is there a network service I'm forgetting?
My provider is OVH, do they have any special init scripts?

Extra info:

~$ ls /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/
httpd.service  mysqld.service  named.service  remote-fs.target  sshd.service  syslog-ng.service  vsftpd.service

I have access to the machine through a provided rescue kernel and chroot. When I run systemctl alone, it produces the following message:

~$ systemctl
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager.

Last edited by tripple (2013-08-19 11:43:23)

#2 2013-08-19 11:20:00

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: [Solved] Help with conversion to systemd on remote server

Why do you think net-profiles.service exists? netcfg is no longer in use, but even when it was, it didn't include such a file.

I suggest you (re-)read the wiki's network config pages. Depending on your requirenets, you could end up using network.service, dhcpcd, service, or netctl, netcfg' successor.

#3 2013-08-19 11:38:46

tripple

Re: [Solved] Help with conversion to systemd on remote server

tomk wrote:

Why do you think net-profiles.service exists? netcfg is no longer in use, but even when it was, it didn't include such a file.

I suggest you (re-)read the wiki's network config pages. Depending on your requirenets, you could end up using network.service, dhcpcd, service, or netctl, netcfg' successor.

It's in /usr/lib/systemd/system/, shouldn't I be able to enable it?

tripple wrote:

net-profiles.service also seems to be acting strangely, so I've included it in the daemons array

~$ ls /usr/lib/systemd/system/ | grep net-profiles
net-profiles.service

Which wiki page exactly? I'm not sure what information I'm looking for. Would I use only one of those services? Do I need a network service like dhcpcd or netctl?

Edit: Oh, hey... I fixed it
I enabling net-auto-wired.service, netcfg.service, and dhcpcd.service. Plus a grub-makeconfig for good measure (I had edited /etc/default/grub before the problem occurred to remove the "init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" line but I forgot to re-make the config.)

Last edited by tripple (2013-08-19 11:43:09)

Board footer