You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-28 14:22:27

lumiwa

Pokusam...

Ja sam pokusao, da instaliram Arch, samo mislim, da cu odustati. Previse problema. Osnovni sistem radi, samo problem je sa KDE. Uradio sam tako kako je u uputama on startx i kad x startaju strartkde in kde starta samo kakav? Uzasan.  Ne moze se uraditi nikakvu konfiguraciju...
Idem nazad na Debian-a smile. Radi.

lumiwa

P.S.

Jaz sem iz Slovenije.

#2 2005-12-28 14:26:07

Pablo_Escobar
Website

Re: Pokusam...

So You wan't to go back to Debian huh sad
I'd take it easy and configure Your system properly. No reason to rush things. But that's Your choice (and that is what Linux is all about - choice)

Arch - Home sweet home smile

#3 2005-12-28 14:46:29

lumiwa

Pablo_Escobar wrote:

So You wan't to go back to Debian huh sad
I'd take it easy and configure Your system properly. No reason to rush things. But that's Your choice (and that is what Linux is all about - choice)

I like to use but if I have problem with KDE  and I like to use KDE too? And under Debian works?
And the other thing which I don't like it is the pacman. For install if you know name of ackage is okay but how can I know names? For example: I like to install Skype. Where is? I use smoe programs for chemistry/molecula biology, how can I know what names they have?
In Debian I start Synaptyc and you can see. They have sections Science, Biology... That is. I use computer also for works not just for hoby smile.

#4 2005-12-28 14:58:22

Pablo_Escobar
Website

lumiwa, skype is in the community repo.
You just need to remove hash sign (#) from /etc/pacman.conf in the line saying about community repo smile
secondly there is a fine GUI for pacman (jacman - java frontend) which it better than Synaptic.
Thirdly I also use my Arch box for work, not hobby and it suits me very well.

Do not think that installing Arch is so presto smile You need to put some effort in seting up the system - for me it was 1 day (and a fist Arch install).

Arch - Home sweet home smile

#5 2005-12-28 15:04:49

lumiwa

Pablo_Escobar wrote:

You just need to remove hash sign (#) from /etc/pacman.conf in the line saying about community repo smile
secondly there is a fine GUI for pacman (jacman - java frontend) which it better than Synaptic.

smile. I wil try tonight again...jacman yes if KDE works smile). I will see. And I still didn't found Reiser file system. Very strange...

#6 2005-12-29 12:23:11

lumiwa

Pablo_Escobar wrote:

Do not think that installing Arch is so presto smile You need to put some effort in seting up the system - for me it was 1 day (and a fist Arch install).

Thanks for help. Pablo...I am Arch user too smile

Board footer