You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-20 06:17:15

tom3f

Bultin keyboard and mouse is lagging

Hello, I have macbook A1342. I have recent arch 64bit. It is now maybe two week since this issue first time apear.
If I turn my macbook on everythink is working well. But after some time my internal mouse start move slow. My keyboard have slow response too. It looks like 2FPS  but system have good response. With external mouse my mouse works ok. On every reboot it's ok for next few minutes or hours. I think when I run flash player it occure sooner. Sorry for my english, I is somethink unclear I will try to explain better.

#2 2013-08-20 06:36:45

tom3f

Re: Bultin keyboard and mouse is lagging

I can add that I use XFCE4, if I restart only xsever, problem stays, I need everytime restart system.

#3 2013-08-25 13:58:10

tom3f

I reinstall arch. After clear instalaction I have still same problem. My touchpad and keybord on MacBook A1342 have slow response. External mouse and keyboard (usb) works fine. Do you have any ideas ? Please what can help me to resolve this issue ? I want use arch but in this conditions is unusable.

#4 2013-08-26 20:10:36

dr-spangle

I am having this exact same problem, mine is a late-2008 Aluminium macbook though.
But I have the same 2FPS touchpad and keyboard. Same temporary fix by rebooting, while reloading X provides no fix (but I use dwm rther than xfce)
And I don't have the problem when using external mouse and/or keyboard

This started for me yesterday when I installed the latest updates with pacman -Syu, hadn't installed updates for a bit though.

Another note: when using an external keyboard/mouse via synergy, I get no lag as well. This is basically the solution I've been using.

Last edited by dr-spangle (2013-08-26 20:45:19)

#5 2013-09-07 15:51:34

dr-spangle

Ok, sought the advice of a friend, who told me to get some dmesg and Xorg.0.log output next time it happened. Did so and they are here:
http://hallo.dr-spangle.com/dmesg.txt
http://hallo.dr-spangle.com/Xorg_log.txt
First thing that jumped to my sight was the event at 3203.241071 in the dmesg log. So I added irqpoll to my boot options with grub or whatnot and rebooted, and not had the problem persist again thus far.
Hopefully this solves it and might help tom3f or others who have had a similar problem to this, although I am not entirely sure what it means or why it works.

Board footer