You are not logged in.

#26 2013-08-21 13:27:17

Alucryd
Developer
From: France
Registered: 2011-05-07
Posts: 102
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

You mean the link to the wiki? Works fine here, time is okay too. Look in your forum profile, you can change timezones.


The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline

#27 2013-08-21 16:24:45

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Alucryd wrote:

You mean the link to the wiki? Works fine here, time is okay too. Look in your forum profile, you can change timezones.

I meant in indicator-datetime. smile Do you use the one from AUR or do you use it from somewhere else? At the moment i´m using the one from the unity repo.

Offline

#28 2013-08-21 16:31:47

Alucryd
Developer
From: France
Registered: 2011-05-07
Posts: 102
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

kaptenen wrote:
Alucryd wrote:

You mean the link to the wiki? Works fine here, time is okay too. Look in your forum profile, you can change timezones.

I meant in indicator-datetime. smile Do you use the one from AUR or do you use it from somewhere else? At the moment i´m using the one from the unity repo.

Oh, my bad. Yes I'm using the AUR package atm, time is okay, and clicking on it shows a calendar.


The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline

#29 2013-08-21 16:54:06

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Alucryd wrote:
kaptenen wrote:
Alucryd wrote:

You mean the link to the wiki? Works fine here, time is okay too. Look in your forum profile, you can change timezones.

I meant in indicator-datetime. smile Do you use the one from AUR or do you use it from somewhere else? At the moment i´m using the one from the unity repo.

Oh, my bad. Yes I'm using the AUR package atm, time is okay, and clicking on it shows a calendar.

Oh, ok! I can´t compile it. It complains about missing  timedated.h. =/

Offline

#30 2013-08-21 20:10:23

pirateserb
Member
Registered: 2013-06-29
Posts: 6

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Is there a way to change a wingpanel theme?
Can you guys who made pantheon work post some screenshots?

Offline

#31 2013-08-21 20:32:08

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

pirateserb wrote:

Can you guys who made pantheon work post some screenshots?

http://crustpanda.deviantart.com/art/Pa … -394891188
=/

Offline

#32 2013-08-21 20:44:39

ajdunevent
Member
Registered: 2013-07-29
Posts: 8

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

I'm not having any luck.  How are you guys launching the session?  LightDM won't seem to do anything.  SLiM (using the .xinitrc suggested on the wiki) will do it but as soon as gala loads it's a big blank wall and a cursor.  If I comment out gala, I can get a session but... well... without a window manager it's not so great.  Lol.

All of the pantheon-related packages I'm using I've built using Alucryd's PKGBUILDs on git.  Also, I've only been testing it from VirtualBox on a Window's host (my PC at work) if any of that is relevant.

Thank you to all who have put their efforts into bringing Pantheon to Arch Linux so far!

Offline

#33 2013-08-21 20:53:30

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Right now i´m using slim and the .xinit stuff from the wiki and it´s working almost fine, with some problems (look at the screenshot). I can share all installed packages from AUR when i´m on the right computer. We will get this to work. smile

Offline

#34 2013-08-21 20:59:45

roi.dm
Member
Registered: 2011-10-29
Posts: 22

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

pirateserb wrote:

Is there a way to change a wingpanel theme?
Can you guys who made pantheon work post some screenshots?

http://i.imgur.com/Rh5Jsvt.jpg

I'm using Mediterraneandarkest  till we can learn how to theme wingpanel , i have working indicator-sysmonitor, indicator-synapse, nm-applet-ubuntu and indicator-messages (0.6.0 version),

Last edited by roi.dm (2013-08-21 21:01:33)

Offline

#35 2013-08-22 05:57:06

pirateserb
Member
Registered: 2013-06-29
Posts: 6

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

roi.dm wrote:
pirateserb wrote:

Is there a way to change a wingpanel theme?
Can you guys who made pantheon work post some screenshots?

http://i.imgur.com/Rh5Jsvt.jpg

I'm using Mediterraneandarkest  till we can learn how to theme wingpanel , i have working indicator-sysmonitor, indicator-synapse, nm-applet-ubuntu and indicator-messages (0.6.0 version),

How did you change the wallpaper? I only get gray background and I cant change it.

Offline

#36 2013-08-22 07:44:15

roi.dm
Member
Registered: 2011-10-29
Posts: 22

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

pirateserb wrote:
roi.dm wrote:
pirateserb wrote:

Is there a way to change a wingpanel theme?
Can you guys who made pantheon work post some screenshots?

http://i.imgur.com/Rh5Jsvt.jpg

I'm using Mediterraneandarkest  till we can learn how to theme wingpanel , i have working indicator-sysmonitor, indicator-synapse, nm-applet-ubuntu and indicator-messages (0.6.0 version),

How did you change the wallpaper? I only get gray background and I cant change it.

gsettings set org.pantheon.wallpaper picture-path "/path/to/wallpaper"

Offline

#37 2013-08-22 09:48:03

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

roi.dm wrote:
pirateserb wrote:
roi.dm wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Rh5Jsvt.jpg

I'm using Mediterraneandarkest  till we can learn how to theme wingpanel , i have working indicator-sysmonitor, indicator-synapse, nm-applet-ubuntu and indicator-messages (0.6.0 version),

How did you change the wallpaper? I only get gray background and I cant change it.

gsettings set org.pantheon.wallpaper picture-path "/path/to/wallpaper"

Thanks for the tip! Now I just need indicator-datetime to compile, and to show networks.

Offline

#38 2013-08-22 10:36:18

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Is it possible that anyone can share their compiled indicator-datetime? Or does anyone knows why it fails for me? I have trying with yaourt and with makepkg.

Offline

#39 2013-08-22 10:42:39

roi.dm
Member
Registered: 2011-10-29
Posts: 22

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

kaptenen wrote:

Is it possible that anyone can share their compiled indicator-datetime? Or does anyone knows why it fails for me? I have trying with yaourt and with makepkg.

http://goo.gl/3nJxo4

Offline

#40 2013-08-22 10:48:34

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

roi.dm wrote:
kaptenen wrote:

Is it possible that anyone can share their compiled indicator-datetime? Or does anyone knows why it fails for me? I have trying with yaourt and with makepkg.

http://goo.gl/3nJxo4

Many thanks!

Offline

#41 2013-08-22 11:04:58

roi.dm
Member
Registered: 2011-10-29
Posts: 22

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

i've noticed when i press/hold the ctrl key to select several files,  pantheon-files crash

Offline

#42 2013-08-26 08:07:17

Alucryd
Developer
From: France
Registered: 2011-05-07
Posts: 102
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

roi.dm wrote:

i've noticed when i press/hold the ctrl key to select several files,  pantheon-files crash

Actually pantheon-files segfaults as soon as you hold Ctrl. I have filed a bug upstream, feel free to contribute there: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pantheon-files/+bug/1216803.

Last edited by Alucryd (2013-08-26 08:13:05)


The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline

#43 2013-08-26 19:04:35

C6M6
Member
Registered: 2012-07-13
Posts: 36

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Alucryd wrote:
roi.dm wrote:

i've noticed when i press/hold the ctrl key to select several files,  pantheon-files crash

Actually pantheon-files segfaults as soon as you hold Ctrl. I have filed a bug upstream, feel free to contribute there: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pantheon-files/+bug/1216803.

to me this doesn't happen
and with the .xinitrc from the wiki, for me, gnome-session doesn't function well, with the pantheon-indicator-session isn't possible to logout/sleep/hybernate/poweroff/reboot, and nm-applet-ubuntu doesn't appear, but appear if gnome-session is launched from terminal

Offline

#44 2013-08-26 19:34:07

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

No nm-applet-ubuntu for me either. But the biggest problem for me is Wingpanel. I don´t know how people are able to theme it. I have look at the css files but it wont apply for me.

Offline

#45 2013-08-27 14:04:45

C6M6
Member
Registered: 2012-07-13
Posts: 36

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

after some try... got a gnome-session pantheon working with gdm (haven't tryed lightdm)..., nm-applet-ubunut is here and the session-indicator work as it should
and the wingpanel is themable, if you are using the elementaryos gtk theme (4.x series), in the gtk3 folder, the apps.css file, here the relevant part:

/*********
 * Panel *
 ********/

.panel {
    background-color: @tooltip_bg_color;
    color: #fff;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 2px alpha (#000, 0.6);
    icon-shadow: 0 1px 2px alpha (#000, 0.6);
}

.panel-shadow {
    background-image: none;
    background-color: @transparent;
}

.panel-app-button {
    -GtkMenuItem-horizontal-padding: 6px;
}

some of my unbeatiful theme change (only background for testing)

prova.jpg

Last edited by C6M6 (2013-08-27 14:08:22)

Offline

#46 2013-08-27 14:44:52

kaptenen
Member
Registered: 2009-12-06
Posts: 267
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Weird. It wont apply here. But now when we have a (what I can see) elementary theme that works then I don´t need to work so much on mine. smile elementary-gtk-theme4.0-bzr works just fine for me.

Offline

#47 2013-08-27 15:10:56

C6M6
Member
Registered: 2012-07-13
Posts: 36

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

egtk-4 isn't perfect, for example the menubar are weird, the osd too

sada.jpg

look at shotwel, about wingpanel theme don't know why it don't work for you, for me when launched from gdm it work without problems

alucryf, when using the mutter38 branch of gala, gala itself will handle the wallpaper (it will read org.gnome.desktop.background.picture-uri) without pantheon-wallpaper, but for now to change wallpaper you need to reload gala...

Last edited by C6M6 (2013-08-27 15:14:07)

Offline

#48 2013-08-28 17:50:49

Kubino
Member
Registered: 2011-05-08
Posts: 21

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Wallpaper doesn't show although I set it using gsettings. And I can't successfully compile newer version of gala-bzr from AUR than I have, it stops in 6%  - http://pastebin.com/1a9JYFhu

Last edited by Kubino (2013-08-28 17:51:09)

Offline

#49 2013-08-28 23:47:57

Alucryd
Developer
From: France
Registered: 2011-05-07
Posts: 102
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

C6M6 wrote:

egtk-4 isn't perfect, for example the menubar are weird, the osd too

http://s23.postimg.org/5kopdrrnr/sada.jpg

look at shotwel, about wingpanel theme don't know why it don't work for you, for me when launched from gdm it work without problems

alucryf, when using the mutter38 branch of gala, gala itself will handle the wallpaper (it will read org.gnome.desktop.background.picture-uri) without pantheon-wallpaper, but for now to change wallpaper you need to reload gala...

Thx for the tip, I've uploaded gala-mutter38-bzr in the AUR, I will update the wiki accordingly. BTW, I'm curious as to how you managed to launch pantheon via gnome-session.
I've also uploaded plank-theme-pantheon-bzr, edit ~/.config/plank/dock1/settings to apply it (name's Pantheon).

Kubino wrote:

Wallpaper doesn't show although I set it using gsettings. And I can't successfully compile newer version of gala-bzr from AUR than I have, it stops in 6%  - http://pastebin.com/1a9JYFhu

Can you try building against granite-bzr? It works here.


The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Offline

#50 2013-08-29 10:18:43

roi.dm
Member
Registered: 2011-10-29
Posts: 22

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Alucryd wrote:
C6M6 wrote:

egtk-4 isn't perfect, for example the menubar are weird, the osd too

http://s23.postimg.org/5kopdrrnr/sada.jpg

look at shotwel, about wingpanel theme don't know why it don't work for you, for me when launched from gdm it work without problems

alucryf, when using the mutter38 branch of gala, gala itself will handle the wallpaper (it will read org.gnome.desktop.background.picture-uri) without pantheon-wallpaper, but for now to change wallpaper you need to reload gala...

Thx for the tip, I've uploaded gala-mutter38-bzr in the AUR, I will update the wiki accordingly. BTW, I'm curious as to how you managed to launch pantheon via gnome-session.
I've also uploaded plank-theme-pantheon-bzr, edit ~/.config/plank/dock1/settings to apply it (name's Pantheon).

it works here too, i've updated cerbere-bzr and pantheon-session-bzr and it seems it did the trick btw if anyone is interested in elementary-tweaks http://pastebay.com/1286683


edit:
this is how the desktop looks right now

http://i.imgur.com/oNV8zNy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/z9dLxJm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WkhPHWi.png
http://i.imgur.com/mQvWVfT.jpg

Last edited by roi.dm (2013-08-29 11:17:46)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB