You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-29 09:04:00

Neuro

Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x Branch CVS

Hi,

Being fed up with the memory leaks in Friefox 1.5 I decided to compile by own from the CVS branch (which has some of the issues fixed).

I made my PKGBUILD based on the testing one. All goes fine until it tries to build nss. Since (heading the advice of the testin PKGBUILD) I'm using the nspr from the Arch package I supply the build system with the --with-system-nspr (and now even with --with-nspr-prefix=/usr). Configure doesn't complain, it finds it and rises no issues.

In the 40th minut of compile, when the build comes to nss, it crashes giving:

cd util; /usr/bin/make -j1 libs
make[5]: Entering directory `/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/security/nss/lib/util'
gcc -o Linux2.6_x86_glibc_PTH_OPT.OBJ/quickder.o -c -O2 -fPIC -DLINUX1_2 -Di386 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DLINUX2_1 -ansi -Wall -pipe -DLINUX -Dlinux -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAVE_STRERROR -DXP_UNIX -UDEBUG -DNDEBUG -D_REENTRANT -I/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include  -I../../../../dist/public/nss -I../../../../dist/private/nss -I../../../../dist/include -I/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include/nspr -I/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include/dbm -I../../../../dist/public/dbm  quickder.c
In file included from quickder.c:43:
secasn1.h:48:21: error: plarena.h: No such file or directory
In file included from secasn1.h:50,
                 from quickder.c:43:
seccomon.h:50:21: error: prtypes.h: No such file or directory
In file included from seccomon.h:61,

Apparently, the build system cannot find the nspr headers (which are in /usr/include/nspr btw). As I can see, /usr/include/nspr isn't in the incluyde path. Thats really strange because nspr-config reports it just fine.

I tried symlinking /usr/include/nspr to /var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include/nspr but apparently the build system removes the symlink sad

Anyone could give me a hand with this one? How can I add my own include directory to the path? Does the system nspr differ from the build ones? Are there any advantages or can I just drop it?

#2 2005-12-29 10:22:59

Neuro

Re: Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x Branch CVS

I tried doing

make -f client.mk build -I/usr/include/nspr

... and was happy seeing -I/usr/include/nspr added to all gcc commands along the build.

But... it didn't work. For some odd reason this path is added everywhere except for... nss. It's still:

make[5]: Entering directory `/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/security/nss/lib/util'
gcc -o Linux2.6_x86_glibc_PTH_OPT.OBJ/quickder.o -c -O2 -fPIC -DLINUX1_2 -Di386 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DLINUX2_1 -ansi -Wall -pipe -DLINUX -Dlinux -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAVE_STRERROR -DXP_UNIX -UDEBUG -DNDEBUG -D_REENTRANT -I/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include  -I../../../../dist/public/nss -I../../../../dist/private/nss -I../../../../dist/include -I/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include/nspr -I/var/abs-mine/mozilla-firefox/src/mozilla/dist/include/dbm -I../../../../dist/public/dbm  quickder.c

So to sum it up: symlinking doesn't work -I to make doesn't work. I tried looking for bugs on bugzilla but all I've found is this:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=288647

Although the initial bug report is Linux related, the patch applies to Os2.mk making it useless for me (?). Anyone has a slightest idea what else could I try?

Board footer