I have a weird problem with yaourt for some days. Whatever action I do with it (installation of package, upgrade etc) it takes ages. For example, when I install a package it needs around 2 minutes to only fetch the PKGBUILD file. It seems that the problem is specific to yaourt or to its connection with AUR, since when I do 'yaourt -Syua' the upgrade process is smooth for the pacman repos, but it stalls when it reaches a package from AUR. Also I checked the journald logs, but everything seems normal. Since it is the only connection problem that I have (the Internet connection functions properly and also the AUR site is launched on time on my browser), does anyone have a suggestion of what it might be?
Last edited by kostas213 (2013-08-12 13:14:52)
Updating packages from AUR often involves compiling and this can take some time.
Just getting the PKGBUILDs is very fast - or at least it should be.
Try e.g. cower or some other AUR helper and see if it's slow too.
Yeah, I know that it requires compiling, but it's not the case here. It "hangs" about 2 minutes before it starts to download the PKGBUILD. If everything is downloaded (source, etc) then everything is as fast as it should be. cower downloads the PKGBUILD in a reasonable time, althouth pacaur experiences the same delays as yaourt.
Interesting - pacaur uses cower as the backend: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pacaur/
Might be an issue with curl (for example, ca-certificates no being up-to-date). Note that cower should download the tarball almost instantaneously (less than 1 second).
If you are using IPv6 connectivity,
Currently aur.archlinux.org IPv6 address can not seem to connect, with priority to use IPv6 Address Server until the connection over time, will jump back to the IPv4 address, it will be a little longer time spent
I was directly in the / etc / hosts to add the following content, so you do not use IPv6 address
184.108.40.206 aur.archlinux.org aur
aur.archlinux.org has address 220.127.116.11
aur.archlinux.org has IPv6 address 2a01: 4f8: 120:34 c2 :: 2
aur.archlinux.org mail is handled by 10 mail.archlinux.org.
/usr/bin/curl -v -O https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ya/y … urt.tar.gz
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0* About to connect() to aur.archlinux.org port 443 (#0)
* Trying 2a01:4f8:120:34c2::2...
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:15 --:--:-- 0* Connection timed out
* Trying 18.104.22.168...
* Connected to aur.archlinux.org (22.214.171.124) port 443 (#0)
Thanks for all the advices, but most of all hepha. At last it was an IPv6 problem. I have IPv6 connectivity with my provider and so it was trying to connect to AUR via IPv6. It's weird although, since only the last days I have the problem, and on the other hand I have IPv6 connectivity for some months without any problems...
With the new record to hosts file everything works as it should. Thanks again to everyone for the help.
P.S.: I changed the title, in order to be easier to anybody to find it if it has a similar problem.
I have a friend useless ipv6, but he is also connected to aur server appear ipv6, this does not lead to a connection failure can install yaourt / Search aur source packages
I also don't see a problem with IPv6 anymore. Maybe it was something temporary.