You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-28 02:28:47

mauzy_broadway

Macbook Trackpad/Keyboard not working in X

So I installed Arch for the first time (save for one previous time on a VM) today. Well, its mostly installed, GRUB is being a pain, so im working mounted on the computer via live cd.

Anyway, i installed all of the X packages needed to run a WM (eventually Awesome) and proceeded to test with twm. When it loaded, i found myself unable to move the cursor or even type in xterm. According to the Macbook wiki page, the keyboard and touchpad should work out of the box. Just in case, I installed the synaptic input package, but that did nothing to help. I suppose the problem could have to do with running on the live disk, but im not sure why that would make a difference (im coming from Ubuntu, so installation is a foreign task to me).

I go back to school tomorrow, and I need a GUI to be able to use their internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by mauzy_broadway (2013-08-28 15:08:14)

#2 2013-08-28 18:28:32

grabbexi

Re: Macbook Trackpad/Keyboard not working in X

You should care to explain which synaptic input package you installed. The one you SHOULD need is xf86-input-synaptics, I think. Check if you have any synaptics configs in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

Also, you don't NEED att GUI to be able to use thier Internet - netctl works just fine.

Board footer