You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-21 18:13:59

NickHu

Lenovo X1 Carbon systemd suspend crash

I'm using the linux-ck-sandybridge kernel from graysky's repo-ck repository, with systemd user sessions. Sometimes, when I do a systemd suspend, it just black screens. The power button flashes rapidly, as does the crescent LED indicator, whereas with a successful suspend it's more of an ambient pulse. Upon failed suspend, a lot of heat is generated, so if I close my laptop and put it away for an hour without noticing I might find the battery completely drained. There is absolutely no useful output from the journal, or anything in /var/log, just some messages that said the system is going to sleep, so how would I even go about trying to diagnose this issue? It seems to occur more when I have more programs running pre-suspend.

#2 2013-07-22 02:11:13

hippojazz

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon systemd suspend crash

Is it the same issue as here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=165922
Does the standard (non -ck) arch kernel show the same problem?

#3 2013-09-02 13:03:52

skrat

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon systemd suspend crash

Same laptop, (sort of) same kernel, same issue. I doubt any relation to CK's patches, most likely it's some module misbehaving. Well since we're on systemd now, pm-utils' SUSPEND_MODULES don't work. So I tried systemd's sleep-hooks to unload some modules before suspending to see whether that helps, my suspects were ehci_hcd, xhci_hcd, iwlwifi, sdhci. But I couldn't unload them because "they were in use". I don't want to force it as that's dangerous according to docs. I found some useful function in pm-utils that I can use to recursively remove a module but I don't want to use them unless I Know which module blocks the suspension. How can I find out?

Last edited by skrat (2013-09-02 13:05:58)

Board footer