You are not logged in.

#376 2013-08-16 09:15:54

ryzion

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Hello Ryan,

from what I've read you're describing a way of backward searching. I figured this solution is the easiest and doesn't look too ugly:

let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf = 'zathura -s -x "gvim --servername SYNCTEX --remote +%{line} %{input}" %S'

Just name your gvim instance SYNCTEX and youre ready to go. Although this feature is quite useless to me because I use a lot of equations and tikz in my papers, so the line numbers won't match.

What I'm really looking for is forward searching, but I guess it's not implemented in zathura.

#377 2013-08-16 15:27:20

mlq
Website

Hi,

measure wrote:

First, I wanted to comment that with the recent update to  zathura 0.2.4-1 and girara-gtk2 0.1.7-1, the padding has been removed from the statusbar, and there doesn't appear to be an option to set this.  A google search shows that there have been some recent changes which might be the problem, though I have no idea.  As a remark, I do not have girara-gtk3 or gtk3 installed on my system (all the X programs I use are apparently gtk2-based, except for picard, which annoyingly uses qt4).  I temporarily removed my zathurarc file to make sure it wasn't just user error, and it was still an issue.

The option is called 'statusbar-padding' and has a default value of 2.

Best regards

Last edited by mlq (2013-08-16 15:27:31)

#378 2013-08-16 20:43:34

measure

Hello,

mlq wrote:

The option is called 'statusbar-padding' and has a default value of 2.

Many thanks.  This option has not made its way into the zathurarc man page yet.  I must admit that I (perhaps stupidly) expected the number I gave it to behave like css (thus 'set statusbar-padding 5' would set 5px padding around the text), but instead it seems to do something a bit different.  This isn't a big deal, I just thought it was worth mention.

A bit off topic:

ryzion wrote:

Just name your gvim instance SYNCTEX and you're ready to go

The reason this isn't ideal is that if you are running multiple instances of (g)vim that you try to give the servername "SYNCTEX," the second one will be called something like SYNCTEX1 and thus there will be a bit of an issue.  We probably should not continue this line of discussion in the zathura thread though, as it's wholly unrelated.

Thanks,
Ryan

#379 2013-08-23 18:14:14

sardina

Hi guys, my search forward key ( / ) doesn't work. Does this happen to anyone else?

I'd like map it like this

map / search

in my config, but reading the manual I didn't find the exact function name for "search forward".

Any help?

TIA.

#380 2013-09-06 01:21:13

havoc

Hi.

What's the situation for copy selected text to clipboard?

The maillist in last year says is not possible:

http://www.mail-archive.com/zathura@lis … 00090.html

What about now?

Oh what good solution do you have? In chromium, i can only paste text in primary selection using mouse center button. but not shift+insert. It's not so handy i think.

#381 2013-09-06 07:47:24

mlq
Website

Hello,

havoc wrote:

What about now? Oh what good solution do you have? In chromium, i can only paste text in primary selection using mouse center button. but not shift+insert. It's not so handy i think.

Its already implemented in the developer version (devel branch on the git repository), but not included in the latest release.

You can define the used clipboard in your zathurarc by setting "selection-clipboard" to either "clipboard" or "primary".

Best regards

#382 2013-09-08 12:55:14

havoc

mlq wrote:

Hello,

havoc wrote:

What about now? Oh what good solution do you have? In chromium, i can only paste text in primary selection using mouse center button. but not shift+insert. It's not so handy i think.

Its already implemented in the developer version (devel branch on the git repository), but not included in the latest release.

You can define the used clipboard in your zathurarc by setting "selection-clipboard" to either "clipboard" or "primary".

Best regards

Good to know. Thanks a lot for your work.  I will waiting for the next release.

#383 2013-09-11 08:44:07

iardis

Hello,

short question: Is there a way to change the background color of the index screen (when you press tab)?

Thanks,
iardis

#384 2013-09-17 07:04:58

doggone

tobias_ wrote:

Does anyone else have the problem that printed stuff is blurred, unlike when printed for example from evince?

Yes! It prints fine from Firefox's pdf.js, but here you can see a side by side preview of Zathura displaying the document and displaying the print preview.

I noticed that Firefox's print dialog had one more tab, "Options", and it had an option enabled "Ignore scaling and shrink to page width". Perhaps it's because of that?

#385 2013-09-17 07:16:41

ryzion

Have you tried zathura-pdf-poppler over zathura-pdf-mupdf?

#386 2013-09-17 08:34:02

doggone

ryzion wrote:

Have you tried zathura-pdf-poppler over zathura-pdf-mupdf?

You're right, that fixed it. Thank you!

(It's a bummer though, because I like MuPDF for the rest)

Last edited by doggone (2013-09-17 08:34:51)

#387 2013-09-19 05:28:04

dLclassic

Has anyone been able to get their laptop keypad pgup, pgdown, home and end keys to navigate?

#388 2013-09-20 18:15:32

J.

Page up/down work fine; home/end do nothing - use 'gg' or 'G'.

#389 2013-09-25 13:13:03

doggone

dLclassic wrote:

Has anyone been able to get their laptop keypad pgup, pgdown, home and end keys to navigate?

J. wrote:

Page up/down work fine; home/end do nothing - use 'gg' or 'G'.

You can get them to work however you want. Take a look at the documentation here: http://pwmt.org/projects/zathura/configuration

Last edited by doggone (2013-09-25 13:13:16)

#390 2013-10-27 02:10:50

skottish
Forum Fellow

Hey mlq,

I'm posting this here instead of your bug tracker as you've always been active in the forums.

zathura-pdf-mupdf 0.2.5 is broken in Arch. It fails with this error which I believe is part of openjpeg:

error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so (/usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so: undefined symbol: opj_stream_destroy)

Unfortunately Arch has removed static libraries from mupdf, so building zathura now requires a rebuild of mupdf. I can file a bug report against that unless you have another solution. I went back to the poppler backend a while ago for other (known) issues, but I'll be glad to help where I can.

#391 2013-10-27 02:28:12

progandy

skottish wrote:

Unfortunately Arch has removed static libraries from mupdf, so building zathura now requires a rebuild of mupdf. I can file a bug report against that unless you have another solution. I went back to the poppler backend a while ago for other (known) issues, but I'll be glad to help where I can.

I guess mupdf has to contain the static libs or they have to be split in a second package (libmupdf) which will only be used as makedepends, since mupdf does not provide dynamic libraries. A bug report is the right choice I think. Removing static libraries is only sensible as long as there are dynamic alternatives.
Maybe patching the mupdf makefile to add dynamic libs is also a possibility, but then it is not vanilla anymore.

Last edited by progandy (2013-10-27 02:32:41)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#392 2013-10-27 02:39:09

skottish
Forum Fellow

progandy wrote:
skottish wrote:

I guess mupdf has to contain the static libs or they have to be split in a second package (libmupdf) which will only be used as makedepends, since mupdf does not provide dynamic libraries. A bug report is the right choice I think. Removing static libraries is only sensible as long as there are dynamic alternatives.
Maybe patching the mupdf makefile to add dynamic libs is also a possibility, but then it is not vanilla anymore.

There are bug reports filed against the library situation as well as one against zathura by someone that's not me. Although zathura still won't run with the rebuild from my experiments.

Last edited by skottish (2013-10-27 02:39:47)

#393 2013-10-27 10:01:53

mlq
Website

Hi,

skottish wrote:

That does not seem to be correct if I look at the current PKGBUILD. However the package does not seem to have any files in /usr/lib. If you build it manually from the abs, they are included.

I think that the problem is that the maintainer of zathura-pdf-mupdf replaces the openjp2 (openjpeg2 interface) with openjpeg with the sed call in the prepare function. Here is a patch.

Best regards

#394 2013-10-27 14:54:39

skottish
Forum Fellow

mlq wrote:

Hi,

skottish wrote:

That does not seem to be correct if I look at the current PKGBUILD. However the package does not seem to have any files in /usr/lib. If you build it manually from the abs, they are included.

The current PKGBUILD added the !staticlibs after the bug reports; It wasn't there when I posted this.

mlq wrote:

I think that the problem is that the maintainer of zathura-pdf-mupdf replaces the openjp2 (openjpeg2 interface) with openjpeg with the sed call in the prepare function. Here is a patch.

Best regards

Cool. Thanks for your time and best PDF viewer anywhere.

#395 2013-11-09 21:22:57

will.price94
Website

I really love Zathura, it's a superior alternative to Evince which I find a bit bloated. Currently I'm trying to set up a script/function that opens up a new zathura instance in `tabbed`. The functionality goes:

1. if `tabbed` is not running, run it
2. Open an instance of zathura attached to the `tabbed` session
3. return to terminal

Anyone have any pointers for me?

Currently I've got this:

if [ ! -s /tmp/tabbed.xid ]; then
    tabbed -dc > /tmp/tabbed.xid
fi
# Disgusting use of `cat`?
zathura -e $(cat /tmp/tabbed.xid)

Ideally I want some way of removing /tmp/tabbed.xid once I've finished. The function doesn't return to the terminal either.

#396 2013-11-12 21:45:12

skottish
Forum Fellow

mlq,

Arch switched zathura to gtk3 as its toolkit. I was trying to get inputbar-bg to take new colors and it wouldn't. I started to search around and I found this:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/28900

Is the gtk3 version feature equivalent to the gtk2 version?

#397 2013-11-13 22:10:17

replax

Hi, today's zathura update (0.2.5) broke the scroll by using scroll wheel functionality for me. Added was scrolling by pressing and holding the middle mouse button.
Is this change intentional, has to do with my systemconfig (zathura config is default) or just a missed feature?
Has anybody else the same problem?

thanks smile!
ps zathura is an awesome pdf reader smile! would be hard without it, really..

#398 2013-11-13 22:12:49

mlq
Website

Hello,

replax wrote:

Hi, today's zathura update (0.2.5) broke the scroll by using scroll wheel functionality for me. Added was scrolling by pressing and holding the middle mouse button.
Is this change intentional, has to do with my systemconfig (zathura config is default) or just a missed feature?
Has anybody else the same problem?

thanks smile!
ps zathura is an awesome pdf reader smile! would be hard without it, really..

This is fixed in the develop branch in girara. We will release a new version of it this weekend.

Best regards

#399 2013-11-13 22:16:12

replax

great, thank you smile!
hope it does also keep the middle mouse button press&hold scroll, tho tongue

#400 2013-11-13 22:22:42

mlq
Website

Hi!

replax wrote: