You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-30 10:34:28

rinzai

Amilo V2045 sound problem

Hi, I am experiencing sound problems with my recently bought Amilo V2045 notebook.

After some googling I found out that I have to apply a certain patch to the alsa drivers. I modified the alsa-drivers PKGBUILD in abs and recompiled it with gcc2 as instructed. However I am still experiencing the same problems (xmms crashes; amarok doesn't start at all and mpg321 segfaults).

btw I am using the 2.6.14archck kernel from [community]; the sound card is Intel High Definition Audio (driver: snd_hda_intel)

Thanks in advance smile

PS. I DID manage to get the sound to work the very first time I configured alsa (before the patch) but it died shortly afterwards hmm

Update: Sound in tuxracer worked ok after a reboot. Starting xmms (which crashed as usual) broke the sound in tuxracer the second time I tried to run it hmm

Being able to read someone else's code is a *good thing*. Not a fundamental right.

#2 2005-12-30 16:51:35

Komodo

Re: Amilo V2045 sound problem

rinzai wrote:

Update: Sound in tuxracer worked ok after a reboot. Starting xmms (which crashed as usual) broke the sound in tuxracer the second time I tried to run it hmm

It's possible that creating a correctly configured asound.conf may fix these issues - have a search on the net. If you look on the official alsa site and finde your card in their database, it should have instructions for making one, along with anything else you might have to do.

Let us know how you get on wink

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#3 2005-12-31 10:08:08

rinzai

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the asounf.conf on the alsa site but the problem remains hmm However, the problem seems to be fixed in 1.0.11rc1 (not 100% sure but it's worth a try). But when I compiled it and rebooted ALL (not only sound-related ones) modules failed to load sad Does this mean that I have to recompile the kernel as well? (I tried but make bzImage complained of missing Makefiles and I couldn't find a PKGBUILD).

Being able to read someone else's code is a *good thing*. Not a fundamental right.

#4 2006-01-01 22:43:17

rinzai

Geez...I've tried everything and I've failed...guess my last resort is Windows (it's installing right now) :oops: Can't wait for alsa 1.0.11 though...the problem is supposed to be fixed by then

PS. I'll burn in hell for this...

#5 2006-01-01 22:56:06

Komodo

I'm really sorry to hear you've not got it working... the only other things I can suggest are looking in www.ubuntuforums.org and forums.gentoo.org; there's often handy info there.

Hope to see you again sometime soon rinzai, when you're in Arch once more!

Komodo

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#6 2006-01-01 23:18:46

Gullible Jones

All sound modules failed to load with the new version of ALSA? Please post your /etc/modprobe.conf, there might be something in there responsible for that.

#7 2006-01-03 16:44:30

rinzai

Too late...I've wiped my the Arch partition out sad Anyway, I may do a clean install in a few days when I have more time.

Board footer