You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-13 11:39:29

Alfred

Ideapad u410 display and suspend problem

Hello,

My Problem is, that when I close the lid of my ideapad u410 it suspends, but when I open it again it sometimes works as expected, but most of the times the screen is displaced. (Everything is moved about 500 pixels to the right and a bit upwards too.)
For now I have set my laptop to completely shutdown when I close the lid, which works fine, but I would really prefer to get proper suspend working.
I also experienced this displacement once or twice when booting the laptop normally.

this is the output of xrandr

Screen 0: minimum 1368 x 768, current 1368 x 768, maximum 1368 x 768

It's weird because the actual resolution of my screen is 1366x768, and I noticed that when I move my mouse to the left or right border of the display, the screen actually moves these 2 pixels to the left or the right.
This might be a whole other problem, but they could be connected too, I guess.

Info of lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [GeForce 610M] (rev a1)

I am currently using the nouveau driver.

Another problem I noticed, that might or might not be connected to the first two, is that I can't change my tty.
When I press ctrl+alt+Fx the screen just goes blank and I can't even change back to my previous session.
(Usually to get the function keys on an Ideapad u410 it is necessary to press the Fn key, but I changed that bios setting.)

If further information would be helpful, tell me what you would like to know.
Thanks in advance and a nice weekend,
Alfred

#2 2013-09-20 17:22:31

Alfred

Re: Ideapad u410 display and suspend problem

So, nobody knows what to do?
Or is it just a problem that can't be fixed?

Board footer